Wednesday, July 28, 2010

So I didn't know I was pregnant, natural child birth, and other things that won't happen to me.

He's here. He came a week early, much to everyone's surprise and my telling him that I had plans for this week of relaxing, lunching, and napping. OH well!

On Tuesday at my 39 week appointment the doc told me--no progress, no dilation. I'd be surprised if he came this week.

Wednesday around 6pm--me not feeling well. crampy. gross. I got in bed around 9, had pretty bad cramps. Around 11 AWFUL cramps. Here's the thing... the doctor told me that contractions happen ALL OVER your belly. Mine didn't. I didn't want to go to the hospital and get sent home. So I waited. And waited. And writhed in pain. Then, around 4 I got up and quickly showered in hopes of missing another contraction. They were coming pretty quickly at this point. I'm still like, but wait--this isn't all over. It's only in my abdomen. I wake Ben up around 5, he lays with me, asks if I think they are contractions (duh) and he then got some things together. We got to the hospital around 7:30 AM and my contractions were about 4.5 minutes apart. OUCH. WORST. PAIN. EVER. Ever. Ever.

Should you ever be on that tv show--so I didn't know I was pregnant. I call B.S. There is NO WAY you can live through these pains and not know something is up. Just saying. Also, to those of you who made it through natural child birth. Holy crapstown--you are amazing. I had about 10 hours of contractions before I got my epidural (which, ps, didn't work for a while so the guy had to come back and give me some other stuff), and they were excruciating. At that point they were about 2.5 minutes apart. I'm sure my waiting to go to the hospital helped me progress pretty quickly, though. So there is a bonus in that. I only ended up pushing for about 20 minutes before wa-la--beautiful baby. (there were other things going on in there too... I'm sure I'll get a longer post out soon. For now, this is the shortened version.)

It's been an adjustment... and my adjustment I mean--I'm le tired. Then I look at him at 4 Am and think, well... you're pretty cute so I guess I'll let this slide. He's very sweet. His face is changing daily so we're still trying to decide who he resembles the most. Today I knew for sure that he has a tiny dimple on his left cheek. ADORABLE.

Pictures are slows going... as is my time on the computer.

Thanks for all of the thoughts and well wishes! We love him. LOVE HIM LOVE HIM. So blessed.

4 comments:

CDS said...

LOVE the story! I can't wait to hear more, and to see more pictures of him! :) You're all done with the baking...I have 15 weeks to go. Doesn't sound like a long time. xoxo

Carol said...

YEA!

Loosy said...

Congrats Amanda! I can't wait to see your little man. Welcome to the 'hood.

Ro said...

Oh my goodness! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! So excited for you. :)