Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Is it one word or two?

After picking G up from Ms. Frances's yesterday and avoiding eye contact with dad who has to know I'm crazy because tere are only 5 other kids there and was headed home only to see a group of cops ahead right past my street. One of them is waving me ahead.

Immediate thought--OMG there must be an escaped convict who is jumping from backyard to backyard and they are worried about us.

Reality--it is a speed trap and he was waving me a head to pull me over. I got off with a warning, mostly because I think he had some sympathy for my starving and exhausted BABY in the backseat. There were 4 other cops just waving people over which I think is a jerky thing to do. Which made me wonder...

Is dickwad one word or two?

4 comments:

CDS said...

G to the rescue!!!

A.B. said...

I knew I had a baby for a reason--other than having someone to do chores, obvi.

Katie Longoria said...

from now on when you get pulled over, as the cop is walking to your car u should make Griffin cry. mean, i know, but i think it will get you out of all tickets. just take his pacifier away or wake him up if he is sleeping. the cop will let you go with a warning just so he doesn't have to deal with frazzled mom with crying baby.

3101 Austin Avenue said...

Im pretty sure dickwad is one word. :) I almost got caught in one of these today...the waving over kind...I was totally prepared to pinch my baby to enduce screaming. Luckily, I was not waved over. phew!