Thursday, January 17, 2013

I want you to want me.

My couches and I have a hate/despise relationship.  I both hate and despise them and feel the urge to mention this like every five minutes. 

When we moved to Austin 5.5 years ago I REFUSED to let our old couch enter into our new space.  The house that was going to be perfect.  I mean, that perfect set up where all the guest rooms/office are upstairs and just OUR GIGANTIC bedroom is downstairs?  PERFECT.  I mean... I was young and unknowning and didn't have a newborn who had to live in my bathroom for 6 months because I refused to go up and down those perfect stairs 5x a night.  I was young and unknowning and without a toddler to wreak havoc on our tiny downstairs with massive bedroom.  Who the hell needs a massive bedroom?  not me. 

Just the me who could drink like a horse (is that a saying?) and go run 18 miles the next day. 

She was dumb.

So now that you mention it... I'm over the house, too. 

I'm on a mission to rid myself of these couches before baby Meyer--the 40lb donut child--makes his entrance.  Now, we can't afford exactly what I want right now (yay 2nd kids) but I'm down with getting a Craiglist find for a few years as long as it means I NEVER HAVE TO SEE THESE AGAIN.  Ever.

You'll be surprised to know that there are a few things that I'm not good at--like doing the robot and estimating measurements. 

I found THE COUCH AND LOVE SEAT.  Wanted.  Needed.  We all three loaded up and went to see and I loved it.  Loved the girl.  Then Ben said... I don't think those are going to fit.  And I begged.  And pleaded to find a way.  And I kept asking (I'm helpful like that) if we could buy them anyway and figure it out.  Good sport Ben said we could do that, but it wasn't a good choice.  I sighed.  Admitted defeat (the next day) and was then told I couldn't mention how "he wouldn't let me have those couches." 

You don't knowwwwwwwww me.  (he does.  I totally say things like that.) 

So back to the CL grind.  I'm sure I'll be a statistic before long. 

Grossies.
Next up, how my baby is the size of a large jicama.  Who does jazz hands.

No comments: