Thursday, November 20, 2008

It's sweeping the (high school) nation...

and I've jumped on that audacious car and am taking flight with the vampires. I've mentioned my new found intoxication with Twilight. It's true. I even read at lunch. Nerd. The movie comes out this weekend and I'm not sure I want to see it and let me tell you why... the pictures I have already seen of some of the characters are not how I imagine them--especially Bella. I think she should be more plain looking. Whatevs though. I want to see it. I have about 160 pages left in the book. I'm sure I can get it done, but not before my....

2nd Date with my new friend! Yes, that's right... I don't think we're official yet, but we've gone out once before, shared a sofa bed at a bachelorette party, and we have our 2nd sushi and wine event planned for tonight. I know I know... making friends should be easy, and I have friends, but when you are venturing out into that territory of making NEW friends it's a bit daunting. I mean, you have to be on your best behavior--only subtle tackiness, you think about what you wear, where you'll eat, etc!... as if I don't constantly think about where I'll eat--this is neither here nor there, though. I've already prefaced this evening with the fact she can't judge me because my roots need to be done (getting done tomorrow) and that my face is flaky and peeling from being sunburned this weekend. (Which, PS, is a hideous (and itchy) thing.) To prepare I just went and got some froyo--seriously, I have a problem with my frozen yogurt consumption. If things go well tonight, we may even make it to the new cupcake store that just opened. That's serious. I have instant intrigue and devotion to her for admitting that she has a thing of marshmellow fluff in her closet though. We are MFEO, maybe I'll buy her a necklace.

Tomorrow I'm getting my hair colored (and hopefully shaped up on the left side.) When I left the salon last week my hair was cute, and then I fixed it myself and the left side is wonky. Granted, the left side of my hair flips out, but this is just annoying me. AND, we (basically Ryan, my hair guy) decided to grow out my bangs (I always just do what the hair people say), and so they are also annoying and awkward. yay... Ok, color--thoughts? I'm thinking of going dark for winter--but not too dark. Any suggestions?

I also have happy hour tomorrow night with some of my running group. It's like our first Friday out because there is no run sat morning! YAY. I'm totes sleeping in, and then unfortch doing laundry and cleaning. Booooooooooooo

And it's finally going to be cold tomorrow! Yay! Somehow, though, ever winter I'm convinced I have zero clothing options available. I think winter clothes must only last one season or something.

And last night... I know... lots of ands, but anyway... we saw the space station fly through the sky, went to see Bond, and got tickets to the Nutcracker!!! Rawr. duh du dududu dududu dingle dingle ding

2 comments: