Monday, November 24, 2008

27 minutes left to save the world...





or of my Monday, which is more like a Tuesday or Wednesday since it's a short work week. YAY for that... boo for extensive traveling. I'm sure I've complained about this before to you 3 readers, oh wait, I have 4 now, I forgot! Anywho's... occasionally, I wish that my parents and my in-laws lived in completely different areas. Instead, they are an hour apart and there is always an expectation of our seeing everyone and being in a continual drive from Dallas to Ft. Worth and Ft. Worth to Dallas. It's tiring. I mean, I'm also thankful that I don't have to choose to split holidays and we CAN see people, but good Lord... It's exhausting. It actually makes me tired just to think about. So, we are driving to Dallas on wed. after work--with the entire population of Austin on IH 35. Yay for that... and then we're running the Dallas turkey trot, and then immediately driving to my parents house where at 2pm everyone--my husbands, parents, aunt and uncle, cousin, cousin, cousin, and gma will also arrive. Somehow there family has gotten larger than ours? Then, I will continue to graze for an entire day--eating when I'm not hungry, passing through the kitchen and picking up a left over dinner roll, eating mac n cheese in mass quantities, and forcing myself to eat one piece of turkey (I don't like it.) I'll lie on the couch that evening wondering how many calories I've consumed. I'll probs watch a movie that no one else will actually be watching because they too are in a food coma that requires rest. Friday--is the dilemma. I was hoping to stay in town and go to Ft. Worth for the parade and lighting of the tree. but, one of Ben's ETX cousins is in a play off game in Tyler. So option 2 is to drive to Tyler and watch the game and then stay the night at the farm only to have his E.TX thanksgiving at the Farm on Saturday and stay the night and then drive 5 million (or just 5) hours back to Austin. yay... if only someone else paid for our gas.

Perhaps I can find a downloadable form of the next twilight book on audio. I'm sure that listening about vampires would probably cure my travel woes. On amazon, though, it's like $30 and that's crazy. I can use good old fashioned books for much cheaper.

In other holiday-ness I have begun my Christmas shopping. I'd like for it to be over quickly so that I don't have to ruin my holiday spirit by being in a shopping area with other people. it makes me cranky.

And... I have ridiculously short pixie hair. I think I kinda like it. I went in to get my color done on Friday, and Ryan "had a vision" and so chopped all my hair off. Loverly.

6 comments:

Maggie said...

I need to see your hair!!!

Deb said...

I love the new haircut!! I've always wished I had straight hair so I could pull that off. I'm very jealous!

A.B. said...

ahhh I'd love to have curly vixen hair like yours :)

Cate said...

How did all the driving go? I truly, truly feel you... I mean, I didn't have to survive the I-35 nightmare, which is awful. Instead, Bill and I drove from D.C. to North Carolina! Amazing that that drive was only 1 hour more than your trip home from Tyler... anyway, it was a great holiday, as I hope yours was, but I am exhausted, as I'm guessing you are!

love you, pixie lady :)

Unknown said...

I love the hair! It is a-DOOR-able!

Leah said...

When you say "husbands," are you referring to Ben and the one we share? I thought he was going to be with me for Turkey Day. Hmmm...