Thursday, November 6, 2008

a lapse in judgement...

and posting. Too many life issues to come up and take my mind off of blogging... but I found my card to Ben from our 3 year anniv. and I had copied down one of the readings from our wedding which seems appropriate with all that his happening at this point in time. (no, not with us)

"...It is the nature of love to create. A marriage itself is something which has to be created. To marry is the biggest risk in human relations that a person can take if we commit ourselves to one person for life. This is not, as many people think, a rejection of freedom, rather it demands the courage to move into all the risks of freedom, and the risk of love which is permanent; into that love which is not possession, but participation. it takes a lifetime to learn another person. When love is not a possession, but participation, then it is part of that co-creation which is our human calling." Madeline L'Engle

2 comments:

Cate said...

My grandfather read this at our wedding, too. I think I stole it from your wedding, in fact! God bless Madeline L'Engle, and her beautiful words... I think more of my theology is influenced by her than I realize.

Unknown said...

love it!