Thursday, July 2, 2009

Nobody gonna slow me down, oh no, oh no

I gotsta keep on movin'. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Nobody gonna breaka my stride.

So, I ran this am (did I mention before I get up at 5:15 on Thursdays) and so I'm a little wired because of my delightful Thursday treat of Starbucks soy chai and today an addition of a cheese plate--brie, water crackers, red grapes, and a little piece of cheddar.

Problem. It is the day before a holiday and my brain is not functioning in full force. Granted, I haven't really been in full force mode for quite sometime, but that's neither here nor there. When I went to the doc on Tues there was a student nurse practitioner that was doing visits. I talked to him, explained that my head had felt "dazy." He just stared at me as if this is not a medical term for which he has knowledge. If I were a health care provider--which who knows, I might be in my next career--I would totally get this term. I would not stare blankly and then make my patient feel like an idiot (for which she already feels like one because she can't remember things and has foggy brain.) Anywho... I ended up with some allergy meds. So far I'm not having extreme headaches everyday which is a HUGE bonus, but I'm sill having lots o' drainage and sneezing. I also had a shot. No, not the fun kind. Luckily I was wearing a full on jumper thing (purchased in italy so tres chic) so I had to COMPLETELY disrobe so that I could be administered said shot in the bootay. Embarrassing. So now not only do I feel like poo, but you are seeing me in my full glory.

Question, when you start taking allergy meds and are hopefully getting better does everything have to drain out first (and this is the cause of the newfound drainage that was previously non-flowing and just causing massive headaches) or is it all supposed to just dry up? I would be in favor of the 2nd, but this does not seem to be happening.

It's only 10 am. I'm considering a half day....

1 comment:

Cate said...

So, it sounds like they gave you a decongestant? That would make sense if you're having headaches, since congestion is often what causes that... if that's the case, then you should expect some flowage :) You're body is producing that annoying mucus, and it has to go somewhere... either into headache causing congestion, or free-flowing Kleenex consumption. Hopefully, your allergy meds are also going to help with your body not producing so much crap in the first place, though... either way, I'm glad those headaches are gone - they are the worst!