Friday, July 10, 2009

Wait, where are you?

Another sleeping post.

SO it is not infrequent for me to wake up, wonder what time it is, see that it's 4 am and Ben is not in bed. I lay there and think, I can either stay here and get to take up the ENTIRE bed, or go get him from the couch, turn off the tv, and come back to bed. I usually do the second, but have been known to do the first.

B is a distracted man. It takes him like 30 minutes to leave the house once it's time to leave the house (30 mins is a bit extreme, but longer than me.) Anywho, at night when he falls asleep on the couch he claims it's because he decides to go to bed, then the dogs decide they need to go out, and then they decide that they need to eat and then he sits there waiting for them to eat and "watches tv"--which is where the downfall begins. That, or the extra glass of whisky. I'm not sure which is to blame, but I think Ben prefers to blame the dogs.

I've been wiped out by getting up early and my ridiculous allergies (super sinus headaches and feeling like an elephant is sitting on my chest) and so I've been trying to go to bed early--or at least get in bed early and then read (I heart a good book.) So I went to bed early, slept miraculously (with aid of 1/2 of an ambien), and then woke up and thought... where is Ben? The lights are on. I feel like I've been in bed a while. I light up my watch to find it's 3:30 AM. I go out look at the couch--no Ben--just sleeping dogs on the ground. Ok, so he's probably upstairs in his office tying flies (for fishing) and got obsessed. nope. I go to the guest bedroom and there he is. Sleeping fully clothed, hunched over on the bed. Wtf?

What are you doing?

I came to get a pillow and I don't know what happened.

Now I am awake. Suck.

I am a good wife.

1 comment:

Angela said...

This can not be a true story. It's too funny to be real.