Thursday, July 16, 2009

You're making it too easy.

SO, first a little diddy about how I went to the mall today (I go somewhere almost everyday for lunch because it makes my day go faster if I get out of the office.) (I am also attempting to find this specific pair of shorts for my marriage mate that I am not able to find.) Anyway so I am walking at the mall (not mall walking, mind you) and I'm in the aisle in the main mall part and this guy who works in one of the stores is over leaning against the railing CUTTING HIS FINGER NAILS. I shit you not. He was just clipping away letting his nasty dead nail fall to the floor--or worse--over the railing to some unsuspecting individual casually enjoying their dippin' dots or having their hat monogrammed when boom--nail clipping. Grossville.

Next... the AC debacle. This is an ongoing problem that began approximately 4-5 weeks ago and has not yet been cured. It's like our house has a herpes outbreak that won't go away. In winter it goes into recession? and it flairs up in the summer. It is effing hot. Let me explain the extreme heats we are facing here--we are setting records on the daily. The AC company that our warranty company partners with doesn't return phone calls and when they do answer they tell you that they aren't the person to talk to and they can't read your file properly and they'll, you guessed it, have someone call you back. Ben has been taking care of this for the last forever and I'm afraid his eyes will pop out next time he has to deal with their continual stupidity and lack of general professionalism so I called today. I'm the mean one, in case you haven't guessed. I talked to the warranty people and then they called the SECRET number to get in touch with the AC company. Somehow, their # works and ours doesn't? The lady was totes rude and I explained to her that her lack of professionalism and disdainful customer service skills were enough to make me punch a child. (last part not actually mentioned.) Or... I should have said, "enough to make me go find a menopausal woman who is not yet on hormone therapy come over there and kick your ass and cry while doing it and then explain about her heat flashes." This probably would have worked with the fear factor involved. She explained to me that we have an appointment for Friday. Como? We haven't set up an appointment Crystal. Well, that's when your time slot is. Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm whatever. It's also costing us the price of 3 arms so I'm going to sell the dogs. Kidding. I'm going to sell their fur. Or one of my arms.

In the optimistic front line--I ate 2 tacos from next door for $3. They were amazing.

And really, stop making it SO easy for me to judge you.

One final note... when we went to see HP6 I sat by a family (mom, dad, and adult 20 something daughter) who were all wearing capes, had magic bags, and wands. Mom and daughter held hands in the scary parts.

2 comments:

Mrs.Preppy said...

Mr. nail guy is nasty. That kinda made me gag. Then I got to the part about fish tacos and I became hungry.

Cate said...

This post made me laugh out loud three times.

That is all :)