Sunday, July 26, 2009

The sound of the geunine.

Thurman discusses "the sound of the genuine." It's when your heart is connected with the Divine. Camp is the place in which I hear this sound. It isn't through the crispito. It isn't through the 32 ft. inflatable. It isn't through the magic of the golf cart. What happens is inexplicable. What happens is beyond words. It recalls me to a time of mystery.

Within my soul is a recollection of WHY I am there. There is a remembrance of the Lord's presence in my life. I LOVE being with high school students. I love being in creation. I love sarcastic humor. You may not see that these things are intrinsically related. Then again, you may not understand why I volunteer my time every year. You may not get this is where my husband and I profess our undying love for one another.

There are a lot of things you may not get. But what I will say is this... My soul feels complete. I can thing of nowhere else I would rather be. I am in love. I am faithful. I am responding to the call of the genuine.

No comments: