Friday, August 21, 2009

Bad decisions lead to good stories.

This statement makes me laugh.

So as I am nearing 30, I think I've mentioned that before (maybe 925 times), I like to think of myself as almost an adult. You may be thinking "almost?" Isn't it about damn time? Well, yes... probably, but where's the fun in that? I mean, I have a job, pay bills, student loan payments (my arch nemesis), can carry on a conversation about intelligent things, go to musicals and other cultured events (we just got season tickets to some musicals!) etc etc. I even have a suit. So, on the outside--an adult.

However, here I sit on a Friday morning with bloodshot eyes and a headband in. Granted, it's a super cute headband and is covering up my undeniable roots (having repaired today.) It's a situation of lack of sleep and some fooseball and maybe a drink.

So we went to see The Hangover last night. Funniest. Movie. Ever. We saw it at the Alamo Draft House with some friends. So I had 2 glasses of wine and a tasty salad with some fried goat cheese rounds. The movie ends, they ask if we'd like to go out for a drink. Sure! I mean, we are grown ups after all--we cans tay out as late as we want.

We went to this tiny dive bar called La La's. It is completely decorated with Christmas decor. So we walk in, order drinks, our friends see other friends they know so we all 6 are sitting, talking, laughing. Somehow, and I have no clue how, we started talking about quarters--the drinking game. I think you see where this is going. I'll give you a hint--it involves a germy quarter, a glass in the middle of the table, and a communal drinking cup. This rousing game--that I am positive no one won, also lead to an impressive game of fooseball. Ben and I KICKED ASS. Granted, I simply just spun my men and it seemed to work. I did not play table soccer growing up so I'm not sure of all of the rules and techniques. Then I realized it was LATE.

Home we go to sleep in our aura of victory, quarters well spent, and the stinch of a good night that blind sided me like a ninja.

Hey, I can do that. Because I'm an adult.

Please note that city search says in the "know before you go" section the following:

"Lala's was grandfathered out of the "no smoking" ordinance in Austin, so expect a thick cloud of smoke throughout."

My car smelled like smoke this MORNING.

No comments: