Wednesday, August 19, 2009

2 years.

I initially typed "2 ears" but then that seemed misleading...

2 years ago we moved to Austin. We closed on our house on August 17, 2007. Where has the time gone? Which means I have been blogging, I suppose, for a year and a half. I started in Jan '08 and look how far I've come-- I mean, back then I was only 28 instead of nearing 30--and we no longer have our tv on a milk crate--no, we've CLEARLY moved on since then and our TV now resides on a hand me down tv stand from 3 bachelors who have upgraded. I mean, I'm going places, people--granted, I still have the same phone. Lame.

Ok, by same phone, I mean that I lost the inital phone and have a replacement phone that looks just like it. Either way, I'm soooo over it.)

Back then I was workign hard to make it work. We moved. I had no job. No furniture. No friends in Austin. Now, I'm gainfully employed (a WHOLE year and one month now) at a job that I love and is way more impressive than I am. I'm no longer lounging on the couch. I've got friends. I've gone to Italy. I've ran a marathon. I've celebrated 4 years of marriage bliss. I've gotten an email from Clinton Kelly. I've successfully traversed having swine flu. I have a nephew. I've seen wonderful friends get married. I've raised over 4k for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. I've mourned with a friend at the lost of her breasts. I've mourned with friends at the loss of their marriage. I've bought a car, a house, a dog, a couple of pairs of shoes...

Jan 2009 theese were my resolutions

keep running--done
make healthy eating choices--usually (but the thin mint blizzard is back sooo...)
go to Italy--done
be more aggressive at work--usually
read for pleasure and intelligence--more for pleasure, but check!
Keep talking like a teenage (totes, unfortch, sors etc)--always
Curb my spending and purge my closet--you win some you lose some...
Try new restaurants--we've done this a couple of times
run 4 1/2 marathons--well, I ran one "official" and many many times just on a saturday
stay involved with TNT--training again! Just got asked to be on the alumni board
maybe join a women's organization--umm... I get my nails done. Not sure that counts.
continue volunteering with the college kids at UUMC--did this for a while. They meet TOO late.
find a church--need to keep up with this search
look into ordination in the SWTX conference--still thinking about it

It's interesting to see where we've been and where we are going. Who knows, really. There is no way to predict what our next year will hold or even tomorrow (except track practice, a happy hour, and then watching The Hangover (at alamo) with some friends.)

So tonight perhaps I'll celebrate... and by celebrate I mean have a glass of wine and go to bed by 10:30. OH the life of a person nearing 30.

3 comments:

Cate said...

Your job is impressive - but no more impressive than you are. I think you are just coming to glimpse the vastness of your impressiveness :) I'm impressed with you constantly!

What does "sors" mean?

Mrs.Preppy said...

How the heck do you have an email from Clinton Kelly? I am jealous. I have told Ray that I want to name our next kid (if a boy) Clinton. He does not like it....

Unknown said...

Um, I want to see your e-mail from Clinton. Also, what Cate said.