Tuesday, August 11, 2009

I love Jesus... but I drink a little.

Oh Gladys. I miss you and your funny ventures that reflect my life. I joked with some loverly friends last week that perhaps I'd change the name of my blog to that. I'm going to say TBD on that one... and you can think it in your mind until all persons have voted. (PS. That is a joke as no one is voting.)

So I have been at my job for one year and 10 days. At the one year marker you can start contributing to your retirement fund (or something like that... there is the death fund too... you know, where all of my royalties will go to my husband, unless he is also deceased and then will all go to my sister.) Anywho... I am not economically minded--nor mathematically minded--and realized (with use of my calculator on my computer today) that it will be 2044 when I'm 65 and of retirement age. HOLY GEEBUS!! I was hoping I could retire in like... a year or something a lot sooner than 2044. (ps. spell check asked if it was GEE BUS...wtf is that? and who says it?)

How overwhelming. After one week of real life slamming me in the face--I'm tired of dealing with it. Why can't I come up with some amazing venture that people want to read about and then make me oodles of money while I'm able to travel around and visit friends and family and always be well rested.

I'm tired of having events every night--which means I haven't grocery shopped in over a week and it makes me feel icky to eat out so much. Oh, and I need to run 5. 8 million miles but don't have time because I'm tired.

So while, I yield high returns on my life for the next 35 years, I'm sure I'll be able to buy a bunch of shoes when I retire. Then again, I'm probably never going to look back and wish I worked more...

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like we may be in the same boat! Haha. What do you do for a living? I'm in PR and also have events more times during the week than I get to eat at home...

Empathetic,
Bridget Marie

Allison said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
A.B. said...

Mine is more my social and volunteer engagements. They wear me out! Being social has its perks--just not for my sleep, workout, eating, or liver.