Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Dirty Thirty.

So this past weekend I headed to beautiful kingsport, TN. The trees. Oh the trees. How I've missed you and your colors and the fact that you are so tall and consuming. Pork BBQ sandwich, how tasty you are and how you treat me well. And waitresses who call me sweetie and look confused when I don't want sweet tea. I miss you.

The wedding was BEAUTIFUL. They did so much work themselves and it was just perfect. The bride and groom are just lovely and hopefully living it up on their honeymoon. Weddings are so moving to me. Love them.

Saturday, my birthday, actually a crappy day all in all. I'm sure it's due to my high expectations that because I'm turning 3o my whole world would turn around and I would be showered with love and attention. Not so much. To fill my time on Saturday (because ben was having groomsmen duties) I scheduled a massage at a nearby spa (suggested by the hotel.) SUCK. It was expensive and not good. I'm pretty sure that Debbie watched a youtube video about how to give a massage. She failed... and used a lot of oil. Gross. I won't go into all of the details as to why it was a crapstown day, but it ended with a lovely wedding and reception.

Dear 30,

I hate you. You gave me circles under my eyes and a shitty day. You also have graced me with a new blemish that is the size of Japan. It is so huge that I can't stop touching it and being amazed at it's size. You have also made me feel that I should be having children a-plenty. Ok, maybe that's not me, but everyone else who keeps tell me that they were finished having kids by now, or the fact that my fridge is now covered in my friends babies. You make me look tired (also been told that this week.) I'd really appreciate you sending me something in the diamond category in order to make up for your misfortune.

Thanks,
me

1 comment:

SpeasHill said...

I hope 30 + 5 days is better. And my mom was 33 when she had me and that was a bajillion years ago.