Thursday, October 22, 2009

New tag line?

So in case you didn't know, though I'm not sure how that would be possible, I am entering a new decade on Saturday. This means that I have to have a new tag line on my blog. I'm no longer a late 20 something. I'll be an early 30 something. That just doesn't have the same ring to it. Maybe I'll come up with something clever this weekend as I spend many hours laying in our king sized tempurpedic mattress in Johnson City? I love laying in hotel beds. Yes, I realize that it's probably not sanitary or something, but there is just some sort of something that makes laying in a bed not your own, watching movies, and not being the one to clean up the room that I just love. (I would say someone else who makes up the bed, but as I rarely make our bed up that statement would be misleading.) (granted, if I made up our bed everyday that would make Ben feel unwelcomed as he is still sleeping in it when I leave--so there's my "out.")

I haven't really had time to give this monumental occasion much thought. I mean, I've been saying that I'm going to be 30 for a while, but I haven't had time to sit down and think of the implications. It just sounds so... old. How did I get here? This morning my work had a little breakfast celebration for me and another woman who is turning 60 and they all said, "wow, by the time I was 30 I was already finished having kids." Um... insert knife, turn and twist and let judgement follow. I'm sure they didn't intend to tell me that my uterus is getting dusty, but they did. I also had 2 women tell me that their daughters are in their early 30's and don't even have any prospects of dating! Can you believe it? I mean, they must have taken 30 way worse because they just had a dark and dismal future ahead with no man and no babies (if you could hear my tone, you'd recognize the sarcasm.) Breakfast was amazing, though. It was really thoughtful. I just like to give them a hard time. I got lots of cards! I love that!

My eye sight also seems to be failing me. I think staring at a computer all day isn't helping--or the fact that my eyes are entering their 30th year. I can't get my eyes checked until November, though... dang insurance and your once a year exams.

I didn't find any amazing dress or shoes for my bday, so I bought makeup. I figure it can't go wrong. Right? I'll spend most of my bday weekend with time to contemplate. We get into TN around noon and Ben will be busy with the groomsmen until the rehearsal. Then on Saturday they also have groomsmen duties all day. So, I've scheduled a massage which I'm very much looking forward to--and maybe a run. So in all of my lack of thinking--I'm sure it will catch up to me.

Did I mention that our flight LEAVES at 6:45 in the morning? God bless. If only one of my sleep cycles had already fallen away...

1 comment:

Tia said...

makeup is ALWAYS a good choice.

happy birthday!