Thursday, October 8, 2009

So I put my hands up

They're playin' my song... the butterflies fly away.

Oh Miley Ray how I want to despise that song, but find myself loving it. I know, judge me if you will, but it's damn catchy. Noddin' my head like yeah. Movin' my hips like yeah.

I mean, it makes a girl and her husband want to car dance. even if he is dancing to make fun of me.

SO I have my first injury of the training season. And by first, i mean it started hurting 2 weeks ago, but I didn't do anything about it until this week. I went to see Dr. Z on Tuesday and will go again this Friday. He is a miracle worker. I truly believe it. He does ART therapy and though it hurts like whoa, it also hurts so good... but also makes your muscles tired and sore. I literally thought I had bruises all over me yesterday--turns out no.

Anyway, I went to yoga last night at my Y (that I've been debating joining for like 1.5 years and am about to give in and do it. I went to the yoga class to see if it was worth it--it was.) I figured I needed some good slow stretching. I'm sure that this is the case, but my shoulders are sore now. Appar I need some upper body strength. Then this morning I had track and I was only able to complete 4 rounds of practice--not 5. I just couldn't do it. My leg/back hurts. It's tired from being worked on and I don't want to over do it for Saturday--20 miles!!!

Ps. I just said 20 miles.

It's a party in the USA.

3 comments:

Jill said...

I am sitting on the couch eating chips while reading this and feeling extremely guilty about being so lazy!

I hope you have a speedy recovery. :)

Nicolita Love said...

Dude I love this song. Diana and I were just discussing how much we like it (secretly of course).

A.B. said...

ScrambledJill--do not be decieved. I run so that I can eat more. In fact, I'm relatively sure I had 3 breakfasts this morning.

Nik, I'd like to be in on that convo as I tried to discuss the finer points with Ben, and he kept asking what anything in the song had to do with a party in the USA.