Tuesday, May 18, 2010

What I learned from a TSA agent.

SO at 5 am when I was at the airport and going through the security line (one of those that zig zags like at 6 Flags... which leads me to... why do you have 6 flags over anything BUT Texas. I mean, historically, it doesn't make sense.)

Anyway, there they were. The couple. Every time he got to the end of the zig they needed to desperately hug and kiss one another. I wanted to question--why don't you just walk through the line with him until they kick you out? I was slightly amused, slightly physically annoyed.

Most important, though, was the history lesson that I received as a bystander. 2 TSA agents were talking with one another about the Holocaust. And I hear...wait for it. wait for it.

It wasn't as big of a deal as history tries to tell us.

I mean, not that many Jews died.

I'm pretty sure my face was a face of shock and awe. I'm like wha? Who are these people? If I had some liquids I would have thrown them on them. Or, used my firearms and fireworks that I had sealed away in the soles of my shoes.

(PS. I wrote this last night after taking some ambien--and waking up at 4 am, traveling to Indianapolis with my boss, going to a conference, having a work dinner that lasted fo-eva, and finally getting back to my room. It was more entertaining before I had to edit it.)

5 comments:

Deana said...

I think I need to see the pre-edit version.

SpeasHill said...

I want the deleted scenes, too! That is bizarre, and I think I would have pooped my pants and then thrown the feces at them. Maybe. I mean, if I pooped for reals, I definitely would have thrown it.

Also - HAPPY 30 WEEKS!

Perry H. said...

According to Family Guy, we only poop our pants at hilariously funny dirty jokes. Your blog has made me come pretty close, lol. Notice how I added the lol to be sure you know I'm joking? I take Ambien too, but as a rule I get right into bed after the 3rd raid on the fridge, and try and stay off the (1) phone with ex (2) emails to my boss and (3) the scale. Keep up the great writing!

Helen Hopkins said...

I bet the TSA agents are related to the State Education Board. They are minimizing many historical facts, and tried to completely put some falsehoods in the History Books. Kind of scary, they seem to be the ultra conservative Christians that see anything not in line with their political leanings as wrong or just did not happen. AMAZING! We are going to have a generation of people who are ignorant about facts, of which one is concering The Holocaust.

Unknown said...

Nike air max
air maxChristian Audigier Hoodies
Christian Audigier T-Shirt
Ed Hardy Bags
Ed Hardy BeltsVibram Five Fingers
Vibram 5 Fingers
Vibram Five fingers Sprint Grey Blue
Vibram Five fingers Sprint Grey ClayVibram Five Fingers
Vibram 5 FingersVibram Five Fingers KSO Woman Shoes black-black
Vibram Five Fingers KSO Woman Shoes blue-gray-camo