Thursday, May 20, 2010

We all look the same.

So, I am quite obviously the youngest person at the conference. This is the trend in my work, I find. However, I cannot call this the old white man group! SUCCESS! This is a diverse group of people. Awesome.

Today, though I went into the conference room after breakfast to find a seat. There was an older woman sitting at a table and I asked if I could join her. (And, yes, she had the "hair" and could have been in my previous posting which I should have entitled "When you stop being a woman, and start being clergy." Totally stolen from the "mom jeans add on SNL.)

Anyway, I go back out to get some hot chocolate and come back. She is sitting in one seat, I skipped a seat and had put my things in the next one. She wanted to make clear that Becky, (whoever the hell that was) was sitting in the seat next to her. I, however, could sit in any of the other 9 seats available. Um... ok? I wasn't trying to sit next to you. I introduce myself and she says, "yes, I think we met yesterday." I say, "I don't believe so." She says, "Well... it was someone who was young like you."

SO we all look the same now. There is only one other person that this could have been and I'm relatively sure she is 10 years older than me (and today, was wearing a peachish/brownish suit --with shoulder pads--and a beige top. awesome. The shoes escape me as I had to evacuate the situation.)

I also just looked in the hotel guide book at the "what to eat" section to decide on my dinner--I'm opting out of group dinner. Anyway, someone has obviously stolen some pages because all it has listed--is alcohol. It made me laugh--and then made me sad for myself.

2 comments:

Jenn said...

Hi.. I am new to following your blog. I just want you to know, you aren't alone. That is the way it is at my work. Everyone always makes comments about how I remind them of their daughter or the infamous "oh, to be young again." Just nice to read something and be able to relate to it!!

Unknown said...

Nike air max
air maxChristian Audigier Hoodies
Christian Audigier T-Shirt
Ed Hardy Bags
Ed Hardy BeltsVibram Five Fingers
Vibram 5 Fingers
Vibram Five fingers Sprint Grey Blue
Vibram Five fingers Sprint Grey ClayVibram Five Fingers
Vibram 5 FingersVibram Five Fingers KSO Woman Shoes black-black
Vibram Five Fingers KSO Woman Shoes blue-gray-camo