Thursday, May 13, 2010

I just registry stalked myself

Is that wrong? Probably. However, in my defense, it is still a surprise as to WHO so graciously purchased WHAT. Either way, it totally just made my day to read the word "fulfilled/complete" next to some lovely items.



Anyway, I thought I'd share a few of my favorite things this pregnancy. Well, I guess saying "this" pregnancy implies I've had other ones, and I haven't (unless you count those kids we keep locked in the weird closet under our stairs. Kidding. There are no kids in there--only beer brewing supplies.)



So I guess what I meant to imply is just... a couple of things I like.



As stated--I'm not a toucher when sleeping. Ben sleeps with a body pillow which I used to judge with disdain (and may still do so as I'm allowed because there are double standards.) I have one now. It's a boppy pregnancy pillow and it's glorious. I was a little leery of this suggestion from websites thinking they were just trying to make me purchase even MORE items. However, my hips started hurting when I was sleeping. This--is just the fix. It's perfect. I love the curves. I sleep with a pillow under my head, also. I'm not sure I'll give it up post pregnancy. I might though--just because it takes up room. I also have to wake up to roll over. I'm not sure if this is due to the pillow or the fact that I'm 7 months pregnant and honestly can't roll over without waking up. It's a mystery.



I've said this before and I'll say it again--the Olian (over/under) Vertigo pants. I have them in 3 colors. They are seriously like yoga work pants. I do have one pair in medium and 2 larges. The larges were slightly gigantic when I got them, but I had a friend tell me the mediums didn't last her entire pregnancy. I'm finding this to be true. I wore the mediums this week and they fit--but I can tell that I won't be able to wear them the entire time. I may never give these pants up. Ever. (Please note--this is not the store at which I shop. I shop locally when possible and got them at Due Maternity.)

I've also enjoyed ebay for buying some designer jeans. I'll say that my favorite jeans, though (also from Due) are these. Well, they aren't exactly these, but they are the same brand. I also have yet to try them while standing and letting the wind blow my hair. I might like them even more then. What I like is that they honestly LOOK like real pants because they have the band and button on them. The navy maternity part is super soft and you can fold it up or down should being up get uncomfortable. What I wish is that more jeans had a beige material tummy part so that you couldnt' see it through white shirts. I'm just sayin'.

My favorite brand, so far, is Olian. I find their dresses to be great quality and I like the pants-obvi. What I don't like about maternity clothes is the general expense for something you wear for a short amount of time. I'm finding this easier now that it's warm outside and I can just wear some non-maternity dresses and tops. I'm on the search for some baby shower dresses and don't want to spend a bagillion dollars. However, I also would like to be ridiculously cute. So, some sacrifices may need to happen.

Also in my love--maternity undershirts. I will never stop purchasing them. I love that they are long. I do like the ones from target and pea in the pod more than the Gap ones. The Gap one isn't as long or as soft. Honeynut cheerios (though I've been buying an organic brand--because they're better for me, right?) Light Frapp's from starbucks. Donuts haven't been as high on the list. Nachos. Yum.

Most recent dessert obsession--sno cones. Thinking I'm going to try out a new place tonight.

What is making me sad? 1. One of my pairs of pants I bought in the beginning were too tight the other day. 2. It's almost over. 3. My need for naps. 4. My need for Sharon Stone to be OFF of law and order svu. 5. allergies. 6. Meat. I'm not that interested. Protein source? Cheese.

I'm sure I could come up with other complaints. Later today or tomorrow my 28 week (and 5 day) photo. (oops... I was in Michigan. It isn't my fault.) and my 29 week photo. Sneak preview? This week... a butternut squash.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sharon Stone has no business with Elliot.

Perfectly Imperfect said...

You are such a cute pregnant lady! Are you still running?! Kudos to you if you are. I quit because my hips hurt and now they still hurt. Boo.

And I still rock my Target maternity tees. I will not stop til they fall apart. They are that comfortable.

SpeasHill said...

I am def. a registry stalker. You've got to know what isn't purchased so you can keep an eye out for sales, right?