Friday, May 14, 2010

29 weeks.


29 weeks.

Butternut squash. Really, babycenter, really?


Apparently, Black baby will be rapidly gaining weight in the weeks to come--which means I will also be rapidly gaining weight. I've gained about 15 lbs so far--10 of which are in my face. Seriously, I was going through my week to week pics that we started at 12 weeks and I used to have a chin, ya'll! And, JUST ONE. I am hoping that someday that reality will return. I'm not holding my breath, but I'm hoping.

My belly button--is a serious form of intrigue for the hubs. PS. I do not like to have my neck touched OR my belly button. Weirds me out. It is getting progressively more shallow. Also weird. I'm also totally regretting that whole belly button piercing thing I did in college. You can still see that it used to be there. PS. When I was looking for maternity clothes on ebay there were MULTIPLE people selling maternity belly button rings. No lie. Judgement abounds. I mean, unless you have one and then I will say, "Well now isn't that interesting. Now, bless your heart." This is still me judging you, but in a nice way. (I also dislike the word "belly.")
(28 weeks and some days)

Random experiment, but a few weeks ago Ben put his ipod up to my stomach and played a few songs and Griffin totally moved up under the sounds. I think this means he will be a genius. Most likely, anyway.


So I've had a pretty easy pregnancy. And my pretty easy--I mean amazing. I like it. I'm not overly uncomfortable, no real troubles sleeping (other than my usual inability to sleep through the night, but this isn't new), no desire for this to be over and want him OUT. I haven't gotten there yet. I'm sure I will. I do miss working out (which I realize I can still do--but don't.) I also miss being able to purchase all of the new summer items that are out. AND, when shopping for leggings the other day, my amazing husband did have to unbuckle my shoes--and rebuckle them--and witness me putting on leggings. Something I will never allow him to do--see me put on pantyhose. First, because I don't wear panty hose, and second because it's not attractive. I think the last time I wore something like this (it was spanx) I removed them because my ability to breathe was highly restricted. I'm not a spanx kind of girl. I do like them in theory. And once, in grad school, hid a flask in one of the leg panels. This is another way that I'm super classy and another story to not share with my children.


Today I'm making use of my mother's day gift--a massage. I can't wait. I also have on for the weekend--watching the season finale of America's Next Top Model (ALL 2 HOURS!) and maybe some light shopping. I'm in desperate need for a computer bag. I have my last work trip for a while next week and I'd like to have something by then. There are also some not very expensive shoes I can't get my mind off of at nordstrom.


I'm not an impulse buyer. SO, I like to think about what I'm going to get. I saw these. Like them. Have thought about them for about 3 weeks. This is how I know they must be mine. And maybe a necklace to match. It's destiny, basically. Maybe I'll also do some painting? Tbd on that. Perhaps also some napping. It's a weekend off and I feel that I should take advantage of this--before I leave on a 6 AM flight on Tuesday morning (a fact that I will probably mention 8 more times between now and then.)

4 comments:

Deana said...

WTF?? I don't even know what size a butternut squash is in real life, let alone how the size relation is to G-Baby? This is not helping me.

Courtneytcu98 said...

Where are you off to this time? I don't recall you mentioning.

A.B. said...

Indianapolis. The mid-west is calling my name. Perhaps this time they won't steal my phone.

Unknown said...

Nike air max
air maxChristian Audigier Hoodies
Christian Audigier T-Shirt
Ed Hardy Bags
Ed Hardy BeltsVibram Five Fingers
Vibram 5 Fingers
Vibram Five fingers Sprint Grey Blue
Vibram Five fingers Sprint Grey ClayVibram Five Fingers
Vibram 5 FingersVibram Five Fingers KSO Woman Shoes black-black
Vibram Five Fingers KSO Woman Shoes blue-gray-camo