Monday, February 14, 2011

NO take backs.

Happy Valentine's day. It's the Ben and I's 14th together. Yes, you read that correctly. Our first date was on V-day. As I was embarrassed by my car I met him at the movie theater in my dad's truck and brought a red heart shaped sucker. (We lived an hour apart, so we met there.) Thankfully, I was not in my high school wardrobe of choice--overalls. Do I remember what I was wearing? OF course.

So fast forward to----------------sick baby. Sick baby with an ear infection. Sick baby who has been coughing for a few days and didn't feel well, but woke up at 1 am feeling awful with a fever. Sick baby who, with the burn of his skin, I can still feel on my cheek 10 minutes later. Sick baby who is having to have breathing treatments and has an ear infection. Sick baby who has worn pj's all day instead of his Mommy's Valentine shirt. Sick baby who NEEDS NEEDS NEEDS his mama. It's all very pitiful.

And, so I took this sick baby, and his prescription, to the pharmacy after the LONG doctor's appointment this morning. The guy said, we're running behind. It will be at least 30 minutes. I said, in an annoyed--can't you see I have a sick baby here and should trump all orders--I can't wait. He then said...

So do you want your prescription back? seriously. Seriously?

Thankfully, I came home to TWO cupcakes as a surprise from the hubs.

1 comment:

SpeasHill said...

Poor, poor baby...and poor mama! I hope he's feeling better super soon.