Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Go Green

So, in my attempts to save the environment and then planet, while also stimulating our economy I have been purchasing "better" cleaning products, light bulbs, local groceries etc. Local groceries I love. I will basically try any cheese that says it's local, our wines are ok, meats--obvi delish, fruits and veggies and our local BASIL, amazing.

What is not amazing is Method Glass Cleaner. I've tried and tried and keep using--even to my embarrassment when people are coming over and can see my streaky glass table and the mirrors in the bathroom have things clinging to them. Luckily, I have a wonderful hubs who just laughs. Yesterday, though, I broke the cycle. I went ahead and bought some target brand windex aka "glass cleaner". I look forward to using this delightful blue substance... to have a really clean table that squeaks when cleaned, that doesn't leave streaks on my mirrors or little fuzzies. I'm sure that I will be take into custody later today. Maybe it cancels out with all of the bpa free things I've been buying? Again, these are mostly for others with babies on the way. Do I know ANYONE without a baby on the way or who has not just given birth? I'm thinking no.

So, I'm back in the mood for a little "flu time". Seriously, I don't like driving. I don't mind the brief period of time it takes me to get to work, but the 3 hours from Austin to Dallas. Hate. The bazillion hours from Austin to E. Texas... hate more. EVERY weekend in February we are out of town. Traveling. I'm not saying I don't like what we do or who we see when we get there, it's just the getting there... and getting home that I despise. Give me a good ol' 30 min plane trip to Dallas any day (yes, I realize that it takes about 3 hours once you factor in wait time, and luggage time.) It's still easier on my psyche.

I'm tired and need a vacation from all of this travel. We have been in Austin for over a year and a half and I can HONESTLY probably count on 2 hands the number of weekends that we have gotten to spend at home. People at work ask me where we worship, um... we volunteer at University, but we aren't ever here on weekends so we don't have time to worship. awful. I need to get back into training for something so I'm forced to go to bed early and to be in town on the weekend. Which brings me to the flu. I think I can endure it. I have done it before. I prefer it to strep throat, if I'm getting to choose my highly contagious viruses. What's a little weight loss, a lot of sleeping, a lot of covers and not having to do laundry? Sounds like heaven to me. I'm going to start hanging around pharmacies stat.

If you've got a good flu symptom, give me a call... maybe we can meet up and shake hands or kiss like the Europeans.

Keep me in the loop.

2 comments:

Cate said...

This sounds like Bill's and my first couple of years out here, except it sounds like y'all are gone even more than we were! We were home literally only 1/4 of the weekends one year, which left me *exhausted* by December. I think it's wonderful to be able to travel and see people you love, but staying at home can be the best thing in the world... we look forward to those weekends more than any others now.

Unknown said...

No babies here. Praise Jesus.