Thursday, February 12, 2009

Computerquette

SO, I'm in the market for a very attractive bag for my laptop. I have a conference to go to in march and the bag I currently have for my computer hurts my back really badly. This is not acceptable. So, where do I go? What do I look for? I think I want a messenger bag because it can look professional and not kill me. Thoughts? I ideas? Suggestions? I also need to read a book for said conference and have currently read about 15 pages... any thoughts on that? Motivation?

Back to the computer bag... I do not want to spend 80 kagillion dollars--even if the economic stimulus package gets accepted. we all know that a large portion will be coming to Austin for a new Frisbee (ps. who knew that Frisbee was a proper noun?) golf course. EXACTLY what the country needs. I mean, couldn't we just as easily benefit from some sort of workout incentive and not having the Y cost $55 a month for this one lowly individual who's looking to lose a few lbs and join some classes? Or--they could fund my hair adventures for the next few years... overhaul my wardrobe, pay off my student loans (in no particular order here.)

I also need a new race to train for. I'm thinking of either doing Nike or San Antonio again (probably only half this time). I just don't want to wait until May to start training because I'll become mushy and out of shape by then (remember my needing to drop 30 lbs for my Italia trip--the land of cheese, wine, pasta, and all things carbolicious?) In conjunction I'm considering picking up some Italian language cd's. What are your thoughts on this? Can I borrow yours? Will it be through osmosis? Will I also learn how to ice skate?

Ok, back to life. Back to reality.... send me your comments.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is awesome, too bad it's bright yellow.

http://www.onehorseshy.com/boxes_and_bags/messenger_bags?page=2&p=onehorseshy.3561314

A.B. said...

yes, this is my one complaint with this bag...

Anonymous said...

I am SO your only friend. I guess you have to buy that bag now, or your risk offending me and losing the ONLY friend you have. -J

A.B. said...

sad times for me. perhaps I can win some new friends while raising my hands during praise songs--bag in tow of course.