Thursday, February 19, 2009

a modern day tragedy--Ny times

"The chimp, who was known to walk around town, sometimes without a leash, also liked to surf on the Internet and was able to change the TV channel with a remote, according to a Stamford Advocate article. The paper also reported that Travis watered plants, was able to feed hay to his owner's horses, ate at a table with the rest of the family and sometimes drank wine from a stemmed glass. "

So the chimp attack is sad, but...
a. Why would you have a chimp?
b. who thinks that a leash is enough to hold him?
c. what separates me from this chimp? I also surf the Internet and drink wine from stemmed glasses. I mean, good thing for Travis (which who names a chimp Travis instead of bananas or something) that they did not make the switch to stemless glasses. How else would he get his wine buzz on?
D. why the hell is the chimp drinking wine?
e. I do not water plants. Travis had one up on me.
f. I do not attack my friends and eat their faces--I have one up on you Travis. I win again.

I'm sure this comes across has heartless (which I am not--it makes me sad to think that Travis was forced to live in our society). I'm not heartless, just judgemental.

Ps. NYTimes... how is this a modern day tragedy? it's not like everyone in the modern day has zoo animals that throw poo living with them, drinking wine, and sleeping in their beds.

No comments: