Monday, February 22, 2010

17 weeks



So this weekend we went to Dallas for our bff's baby shower. She is due in one month. I can't believe it. We spent Friday night hanging out, watching the Olympics, and watching the roller coaster ride going on inside of my friend. That doesn't look comfortable, but highly fascinating. I also ate so much that at one point I thought I would be ill. Luckily, I was just miserable--and in elastic workout pants. I should teach yoga just for the gear. Hmmm perhaps I should GO to yoga now that I've joined the Y (and re-found my Y card.)

Pregnancy brain happening #1--I went to the mall at 9:15 AM on Saturday. I wanted to make sure I had time to run errands and get the house ready for the shower, so I got up, got dressed and got on my way to the mall. I parked at Dillards and was confused by the locked door. Why would they close this entrance? Weird. So I drive to another section and park. I walk in. I'm almost run over by--a mall walker. Oh right... the mall opens at 10. What was I thinking?

I got some cute items at the gap, had a sweet 18 young salesman ask me if I was expecting some "changes" in my life (nice way of asking "Are you fat because you're pregnant or expect to be soon?") So yay, I have on a dress today and it's cute! Score one for me.

P.Brain #2--I went to approximately 18 different grocery stores for a few items--that I should have written down because I would pay, walk out, and remember. Then I ended up buying plastic cups at central market which must have cost like 200% more than at Target.

We went out for Mexican--I ate a bowl of chips basically by myself--because I'm awesome.

Shower--fun--love seeing people we haven't seen in a long time--meeting new people, looking at presents, longing for a glass of wine etc. I start cleaning up and...

P.Brain #3--I put the tin foil in the fridge instead of the pantry. And people saw. And took a picture. Then my face turned red.

Then I ate 500 cookies, the best dip ever, 1/2 of a burger, m&m's and became gigantic in mere moments. It dispersed by morning, thank goodness.

So what I've learned... my brain doesn't work properly, I have no control when it comes to food, and people can't help but stare at your stomach over and over after they learn the "news."

2 comments:

SpeasHill said...

Sounds like you are just where you should be. :)

And I love the way the Gap guy asked if you were knocked up.

Cate said...

I think you look like you are *thinner* than you were before you were pregnant! Perhaps a full profile shot would show off the belly? Either way, you are super cute.