Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Updates. Confessions. Whatever.

So this is a random posting--to help me pass the time.

For some reason, I have the lyrics "I reached back like a pimp and I slapped the ho" running through my head. And for some reason, I mean I heard it on the radio this morning, but only THOSE lyrics are on repeat. Awesome. This is probably good for child development. Right?

Sleep--non-existent. I'm not a good sleeper. I never have been. It totally sucks. I have both a husband and a very small 13 lb dog who snore loudly. Both moved to the couch at some point in the night. I read yesterday that in "high doses" ambien can cause birth defects in rats and rabbits (sad and gross). What is a "high dose"? At this point I'm ok with the ears staying where they are if I can get a whole night of sleep. I refilled my prescription yesterday and will pick it up today. I only take half... and not everyday.

Hair--better. It was awkward. Ryan worked what magic he could with this mess.

Nephew--IS ONE TODAY! Can you believe it? Last year at this time I was on my way to grapevine hospital! We will head to Haslet on Saturday for the big birthday party!

Fatness factor--my scale (that is dying a slow battery death) tells me I've only gained 2 lbs. I'm scared to step on a real scale or replace the batteries.

Breakdowns--one yesterday due to tiredness and fatness factor and limits on clothing. AUSTIN HAS 3 stores where you can purchase maternity clothes. (This is excluding Target which I'm absolutely disappointed with their current options. I hope that come spring they will have an attitude adjustment.) I also have a huge problem with spending more on clothes that I'm going to wear for 6 months vs. my life. Husband witnessed minor breakdown, tried to console and not look confused by my tears.

Ice cream--I ate out of the carton and dipped cookies in it last night.

I am awesome.

4 comments:

Margaret said...

talk to me when you've gained 20 lbs. I feel like a freaking beached whale...seriously. I had problems finding clothes too, and finally purchased online. Target broke my heart. I love all things Target, but their maternity stuff is weaksauce at best. Also, I'm sure you're the most beautiful preggo woman ever and you probably still look skinny. If I were there I would hate you (in a loving way).

Maggie said...

Makes me want to get pregnant just to dip cookies and ice cream - YUM!! (no Mom, I am not actually pregnant)

A.B. said...

Ha. Both of these comments made me laugh.

SpeasHill said...

3 words: Old Navy Maternity. Cheap, comfy, cute (if not totally hip - but cute is better than not). Prolly have to shop online. Also - ebay.