Thursday, July 1, 2010

9 months--and how I thought I knew how to clean.

What the hell is a crenshaw melon? I've never heard of that. Griffin weighs about the same though. We actually had a sonogram/ultrasound (I'm not sure of the difference. Can I go with ultragram from now on?) yesterday and they think he weighs about 5.5 lbs. The little, trying to come up with a sweet word that is also degrading?, brat?, would not turn his head and look at us so we didn't get a very clear picture of him. They didn't do one of the fancy pants ultragrams it was just the black and white one where you can't tell what much is. Jerk. OH well. He's growing, moving, loving life. Still holding onto his feet with one hand and one hand by his mouth. Cute! Apparently he's dropped --they know this because the doctor touched his head. ew. I had blood taken to make sure I haven't contracted AIDS in the last few months, and to check my iron, and strep b something or another. Will find out next week. So, everything's normal.
(My new concern is wetting the bed. No, not the kind where my water breaks and I think I've wet the bed. No, she said sometimes you may move in the night and your bladder relaxes and you ACTUALLY WET THE BED. I'm kind of paranoid about this now. That, and not having my roots done if he makes a surprise early entrance. And not having on mascara.)

So, Glammy (aka my mom) got us house cleaners as one of our MILLIONS of gifts that she so generously got us (and Poppy--my dad, though when it comes to present picking he's often hands off.) They came today. Oh. My. Goodness.

I thought I knew how to clean my house. I thought I did a good job. I thought I was obsessive.

No. I apparently clean like a 5 year old. They got here at 8:30. I came home at lunch and they were STILL HERE. They left at like 12:45. It now smells all chemically clean (you know, the good kind where you KNOW it's clean.) The baseboards are clean, our blinds are clean, clean clean clean.

I mean, I love this baby that I've been growing for 9 months and all--but today may be my favorite day ever. Sorry Griffin. The day you are born may have to be 2nd.

3 comments:

SpeasHill said...

My favorite derogatory/endearing term is "punk". Becca's one a lot. I think it's unfair that your doc touched his head before you did. Did she offer to give you a turn? I think sonogram is what old people call it. And their doctors didn't touch the baby's head first. PUnk.

CDS said...

You look amazing...Griff wants to show you his face when the time is right...AND I wish I could have someone come clean for me. xoo

Erin said...

My brother-in-law had the same fear about my sister wetting the bed. He put two beach towels under the sheet on her side of the bed and then one more on top of the sheet that he had her sleep on. AND they have a mattress pad. Try that. :) I'm sure it was loads of comfortable.

of course the other alternative is to intentionally wet the bed. Oh darn, mattress ruined! Have to get a new, bigger, comfy cozy bed! :)