Monday, July 19, 2010

Some decisions have been made.

So remember when I was all... "I'm working until the moment I give birth?" I think I've changed my mind. Word yo, I'm tired. I think that instead of waiting until next week (due date is next WEDNEDAY, July 28!) I'm going to make this Friday my last day. I have a final meeting with my group tomorrow at 2 to make sure everything is covered. This means that he will either--come on Friday night and I'll have like zero time off--or he'll come in like 2 weeks and I'll be bored out of my mind. One of those options. I have my 39 week appointment tomorrow morning so we'll see if there has been any progress. I'm thinking he's pretty happy in there, though.

The other reason to stop working on Friday--fear of my water breaking at work. How would I clean that up? What would happen to my office chair? That takes time out of my going home, showering, putting on makeup plans.

I spent much of yesterday laying in (our new gigantic) bed. It was awesome. I also went to bed at like 9:30 and slept pretty well until my alarm went off--I could have stayed in bed MUCH longer. (And by slept pretty well--it's as well as a 9+ month preggo sleeps. It's all relative.)

The hubs spent his day brewing beer that will be ready and on tap for Griffin and guests arrival. The cleaning people come again on Thursday and we're pretty set.... once that damn name sign arrives.

9 comments:

Denise&John said...

Forget your office chair . . .what happens when your water breaks in your NEW bed? Better invest in a water proof mattress pad.

Ha. . .now you're going to be (not) sleeping on the couch for your last week of pregnancy. I'm the worst friend ever.

A.B. said...

Duh John, we bought the waterproof mattress pad when we bought thet mattress! (evil laugh.)

Perfectly Imperfect said...

I heard if you're water breaks while standing that the babies head will actually cork most of the flow. (gross i know) Laying down is when it gets everywhere.

Enjoy your time off. I worked all the way til the morning of my induction but could have definitely used some rest time beforehand!

Loosy said...

My water broke at home. I was hoping for a "clean up on aisle 7". I totally wanted the dramatic public water leakage. Good thing I don't like attention.

Do everything and nothing during your last week of freedom. Because you're about to be rocked. (in a good way. duh.)

Super excited for you. I will be checking your blog obnoxiously now, waiting to meet baby Griffin. ;)

Loosy said...

ps - it's not gross. the amniotic fluid. smells like nothing and is clear. i totally thought it was pee, until it kept coming and coming and coming...hey, what's a litle aminiotic fluid on your matress? On your carpet? Maybe even on a dishtowel that's between your legs as you waddle to finish the dishes one last time. just saying.

A.B. said...

Yah, my doc said that I should smell it to make sure it isn't pee. Awesome. It's true... and a little leakage wouldn't be so bad... now that I have the steam mop and I believe it gives me super powers.

EMAAC said...

Carry around one of Griffin's NB pampers in your purse. If your water breaks, it will absorb FAR better than anything else on the market and give you ample time to get to the doctor without looking like you've been in a flood.

Denise&John said...

Trust me, you will know if it's your water breaking. Did John ever tell you that my water broke at a restaurant? Denise

Unknown said...

Haha, as soon as you go making plans...