Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Same old place... same old comments.

So today was my first day back, and G's first day of school. My day back went better than his day, I think. I did remarkably well. I haven't cried today AND my mom sent me flowers to work. Kind of awesome. Griffin, however, slept a grand total of 45 minutes while he was gone. I'm hoping this changes when he gets used to the mass chaos of other kids. I hope.

So at work it was sweet to have everyone come and say hi, be excited I'm back, tell me that they know how it feels. That helps. Then this happens...

Girl comes in and says hi, asks how Griffin is bla bla bla

Me: Wow, you're super skinny! (she's lost like 20 lbs)
Her: Thanks! You used to be. You will be again.

Things you never say to anyone. Ever. Even if I was the same weight I was when I gave birth you say, "wow, you look great."

At least it gives me good fodder for blog posts. AND, our first day of "school" photog.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Is it the same person? People make me crazy, yo. I think you look good in the photo, btw. And I like the brunette.

CDS said...

The other night in our birthing class a husband asked the following while rubbing his wife's stomach, "So when is this going to go away"...then he followed up his question with this, "When can she go back to the gym?"... if someone had asked that about me I'd of said "when is this coming back" while pointing to thei obvisouly empty head... Don't listen to the girl...if she lost 20lbs, that means she'll gain 30! You look awesome. I hope I do as well as you have!!

SpeasHill said...

Un-friggin'-believable. I covered my eyes after I read her comment and prayed that the words would be gone when I opened them. Un-frigin'-believable. Besides, in my world you ARE super-skinny! :)

Perfectly Imperfect said...

What is WRONG with people?!? I would've punched her!

In other news, BG's naps took a HUGE hit at daycare at the beginning. Then when she was at home with us, she was cranky and miserable. But it leveled off once she became used to the noise. Now her nap schedule is completely back on track.