Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Southern Critique

So, I love a smocked item. A lot. I'm on the search for the perfect adorable little outfit for the Gman for homecoming. I've found the adorable little options below. The problem is, that though I love smocked items (especially for girls!) I worry that the boy ones are tooooo girlie. My friend told me that because G is so young that it isn't a problem. I'm not sure. I think it's mostly tied to the peter pan collar? I think the one below I'd put with a little white polo instead of the peter pan. OR... there is the baby one below that. The only reason I'd lean towards it is because G-money is one sweaty kid. He gets HOT. I've also found some more generic options that are blue and I could get monogrammed or that I could get his name on instead of smu.

So, what are your thoughts? Too girlie?



6 comments:

SpeasHill said...

Top one is definitely less girlie. I think you are right that the Peter Pan collar is the clincher. I have a friend of a friend who insists on dressing her boys like girls...aka deep south money boys. As your friend, I will tell you if I see you doing this to G-man. FYI, the bottom one would be okay while he's young. By 2, though, I think he's gotta be out of bubbles. I have a smocking issue, too. So much fun and SO SO SO much money!

Cate said...

Eh, it's the south; it's SMU; and Griffin is tiny. Stay away from bows and skirts and I think you're fine! The second one looks better to me because of the heat factor... October in Dallas can be warm!

Emily said...

I vote for the top option with white polo! Popped collar optional. But he also needs one in blue with an OWL!

Smackajawea said...

Of course I'm gonna go gender-friendly and play the "none of it matters, it's all a societally-evoked response" card and say you do what you want, for a few reasons: 1) He's a baby. Nobody cares. So long as he's not a longhorn. 2) Part of being a good parent is being able to dress your little doll up in whatever you want and take his picture so that later he really, really doesn't know how he survived you. Much like cats who wear wigs. 3) I think there's no such thing as "girlie" clothing. If I want to wear board shorts and drive a tiny truck you'd let me. You might defriend me on FB, but you'd love me just the same. :)

Smackajawea said...

Oh, and just get him some Croakies to go with the top option. Yes, popped collar. Every time!

Perfectly Imperfect said...

Girl. You're in the South. Smocking is okay til they're like 5.

I personally like the top one. But I love the second one too.

Top one. That's helpful. =)