Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Anti-aging?

So I've decreased my face care system. I go in spurts of NEEDING fancy products. I'm currently in the "we have a baby, I work part time, I'm trying to be frugal and save the planet by not using paper plates, and really I'd prefer to spend money on my child who looks super cute in everything I buy, and I'd rather buy some shoes because I think shoes are cuter than my face, except now that I'm noticing 'fine lines' phase."

And I read some article about how this girl started washing her face with the dove beauty bar and her skin became amazing. And, if you tell me I need something, basically I believe it. Until I don't anymore and I need something expensive... like the 1/2 a liter of Purity Made Simple I have. And my skin got dry like a year ago (which I blame on the baby) and I started using the cetaphil cream all over my body and on my bebe. So basically, I spend like $15 every few months on face care. However, I need some anti-aging items. I'm getting some "fine lines." I didn't get carded at the grocery store when I bought my box of wine the other day. Yes, I said box-o. The girl actually said, "Wow, I didn't even realize this was alcohol." And I then asked if she needed my ID. She laughed.

Not funny. Not funny. So what do you use? What do you believe works? What should I buy? How do I counteract this progress? I don't think the *roman cokes I have on my walks are working.

(roman coke is what Ben thought rum and cokes were in high school.)


5 comments:

Courtneytcu98 said...

I'm in the stage of noticing fine lines, too, and yet I've been in the Cetaphil-stage because of severe pregnancy dryness. I need something that's in the range of super-affordable yet quality. I'll let you be the tester.

Meg said...

I think you should be more worried about buying boxed wine. Crowsfeet-shmoesfeet.

Brooke said...

Please. You don't have wrinkles...

I'm the one with the 11 running down my forehead. I'm so getting botox when I'm done having babies. In the meantime it's the poor man's version for me...bangs.

CDS said...

A. I LOVE me a strong Roman Coke...
B. I hate when I buy fancy cream and then my skin goes to shite town
C. I use Oil of Olay with anti-againg stuff and SPF in it everyday...EVERYDAY!

xoxo

Heidi Bruch said...

I could have written the exact post. Was just telling my hubby that I need something besides my dove bar soap to wsh my face. And I am cheap. Nothing fancy shmance either. Just something you buy at the drugstore but actually works. I hear you on all the reasons...love shopping for the girls more than me, only buy shoes since my feet haven't changed sizes, and dear lord I have aged in the last three years. Hoping someone out there in bloggity blog land has some answers.