Sunday, April 12, 2009

Everytime I come here, you talk about the Resurrection. Reverend, you are in a rut.

I heart the Easter services. Good Friday is my favorite... but perhaps, I realized on Friday night, that part of my adoration has changed due to the olympics. So the Christ candle walked out of the sanctuary at the end of the service, and I should be moved. Right? However, in my stirring of being moved, I immediately remembered the opening ceremony of the olympics where one lone child skates all over the rink carrying a lantern. Oh Lord... I am troubled.

I had a fab-u weekend. It was filled with babies, family, relatively good weather, and a couple of adult beverages. Nothing says Resurrection like a little Gingerman after the Friday service. We go there every year--sadly, we were not joined by my sis and bro-in law or Nick and Erin this year due to... the baby boom. I'm relatively sure I can now use this term as the crazy amount of my friends/family having babies currently is overwhelming. I mean, hey... it's spring, right? I think that in this time of extreme economic troubles that babies are such a promise. It means we still have hope. Or, that when we don't have $ to go out we stay home and watch movies. Or something?

And yes, in case you were wondering, I do still get an Easter dress every year. And no, I am not 8 years old. I stumbled across this delish little dish at banana in November or something for $15. It was on SUPER clearnace (read $15) and a size 2 and it fit. (please note, I do not wear a size 2, but perhaps was more intrigued to buy it because it fit. And yes, I did note the size because I want you to be le impressed.) Luckily, I retried this dress on early last week and noticed that it had makeup all over it (probs part of the super clearance), and that blue underpants were not going to cut it. I mean, maybe if it was a place I'd never been I could give them something to talk about, but alas, this was the church where Big B grew up and where we got married, so I forwent the urge to become part of a Bonnie Raitt song (in my size 2 dress. Did I mention that part?)
(perhaps I should also say that basically everything I wear I could also wear when pregs because it has no shape.)


Woah. I'd say more, but our pizza just got delivered.

2 comments:

Mrs.Preppy said...

I too buy a new Easter dress every year... and I am going to continue doing so forever. It was great to see you yesterday...

SpeasHill said...

I wanted to buy an Easter dress, but I didn't get around to it. Holy Week and Confirmation kicked my butt. And I had to dunk 5 kids, so my new dress would have gotten all wet. I did, however, have a fashion show to decide what Becca should wear for her first Easter dress/coming out. I guess that had to scratch my Easter dress itch this year. Next year, though...