Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Going green left me in the dark.

SO, I am at the second addition of the "old white man conference." I'm staying at this fabulous place with a fabulous view (of the super down lake), having a big ol' bed to myself, watching vhs tapes, and schmoozing. Anyway, so today is EARTH DAY. Lovely. We planted flowers this week in honor. Ok, not true. We planted flowers this week because they're pretty and we like them--but it nicely coincides with Earth Week.

Anyway... here I am at this place and in the building where we hold our meeting. I go to the restroom and it has one of those motion sensor lights so that they don't just leave lights on all the time in hopes that someone is using the facilities. GREAT. Until you sit still too long... THEN, during your "biz-ness" you have to stand up and wave your arms. I mean, I'm glad to do this for the environment, but it's kind of a pain in the arse. Not gonna lie. I'm all for reduce-ing, reusing, and re-cycling. I mean, I wear my jeans at least 2x, unless they smell smokey from people trying to kill me with their 2nd hand smoke. I also tried the good for the envro glass cleaner (sucky.) I mean, I'm basically saving the environment and stimulating the economy all by myself here. (PS. The gap--which is touch and go--has had fab-u stuff lately. Including an extra 25% off of their sale things right now.)

ALSO--very important--I leave for Italy ONE MONTH FROM TODAY!!!!!!!

Also Also...my bff finds out what the sex of her baby is tomorrow! I can't wait!

No comments: