Monday, April 20, 2009

Just when I thought it was safe to rid myself of my vhs tapes.

it isn't. Here I am at this fancy resort place on Lake Travis... I FINALLY get to come to my room--excited about my large bed and tv watching only to find that I neither have a tv guide channel thing AND the tv is a tv/vcr combo. Wow. I mean, I won't lie we just got rid of the one from our bedroom (that I got my freshman year of college from santa), but I don't live on lake travis or at a fancy resort so I've cut myself some slack here. You never know when you might want to watch The Wedding Singer of 8 tapes of the Sound of Music.

Today has been LONG. It started at 3:30am and here I am giving up. Well, "giving up" I went to the evening session that I was supposed to stay at for "15 minutes" which turned into 1.5 hours. What do I do tomorrow? Get up, drive an hour to the airport, sit through more sessions, then drive the person back to the airport. I believe I will reward myself with some wine in my hotel room and perhaps a stop at the banana.

Seriously. a vcr. What the hell am I supposed to do with a vcr and no wine? I suppose I'll do more work, take an ambien, and sleep diagonally in this gigundo bed.

1 comment:

Jill said...

I can't lie, I have the Wedding Singer on VHS still. I think I got it for my birthday and cannot bear to part with it. That and Annie. Have a nice trip!