Wednesday, September 23, 2009

So sometimes I forget

Do you ever not like something, but after a while (or a season) you begin to think that you will like it? This happened to me this morning. As you know, I usually hold out for my once a week Starbucks until Thursday after track. Well, I'm relatively sure I'm on the verge of a cold and I really wanted a hot drink this morning. SO, I stopped--prepared to get the usual--Tall Soy Chai, but I was swayed. I was swayed by the media and peer pressure. I got the Pumpkin Spice Latte. It means fall is here. It means that I'm one of the group and I can write about it on my facebook status. However, I'm not a huge fan. I'm disappointed in my starbucks purchase. It's not bad, per se, but I don't find it to be tasty. Maybe I should have let them add the whipped cream? Or maybe it's just not for me. I don't think it tastes pumpkiny. Sad. I long for my tall soy chai. Maybe tomorrow?

I'm thinking I will also make some muffins for our run on Saturday--with REAL pumpkin (puree... from a can). I'm a big fan of this recipe for Pumpkin bread with chocolate chips--I make it into mini muffins, though. They are amazing and we have a LONG run this weekend--18 miles for me (some people will do 22 though.)

In shopping news... I'm in need of a dress for a fabulous upcoming wedding. I have not found a dress that makes me exclaim, "We are MFEO!" (made for each other for those of you who did not see sleepless in Seattle.) I am thinking that a trip to the outlet mall to peruse the BCBG store (with Max Mara and Max and Cleo) is in need. I think maybe next weekend when I don't have a scheduled run (it's ACL) and Ben is out of town for a bachelor party (for said wedding.)
(Side note. It bothers me that ACL is called a summer music festival when it is in October. Granted, it will still be hot, so I get the theory, and it did used to be earlier, but again, it was too hot. Good gravy why do I live here?) I want it to be fabulous--the dress, not acl. It is my 30th bday that weekend. However we did also just buy a media stand/china cabinet, I think I'm going to San Francisco, and we'll have to pay for our hotel room in TN. So maybe I will only get a semi-fabulous dress (and make up, and a pedicure, and a manicure...and I will need a hair cut soooo.......)

Being me is expensive.

As is being married to me (so I hear.) My lovely husband, though stopped at whole foods last night for some groceries and got us stuff to have an amazing salad tonight AND some local flowers AND some local cheeses. That man knows the way to my heart.

SO, who has a jet I can borrow?

2 comments:

3101 Austin Avenue said...

No jet....although, with the amount of money we spend on plane tickets coming back to TX, I hsould seriously look into one. When are you going to San Fran? Have you ever been? we went for our anniversary...last year I think...and I am IN LOVE. I have a couple of suggestions for you...specifically, where you can enjoy the most fabulous Lavender Lemondrop Martini EVER.....YUM!

Cate said...

This comment really has no purpose other than to note the ways our lives seem to be in line with each other.

1. Tall soy chai lattes are also my Starbucks drink of choice, particularly in the fall.

2. I, too, have been on the hunt for a truly fabulous dress to wear to a wedding for a while now and have found *nothing* that is screaming my name. I thought it was just me.

3. Said wedding will also be on my birthday weekend.

The one, very sad way our lives are not in line is that you will be in San Francisco the weekend I am not! I think life has a little explaining to do about its sick sense of humor.