Friday, September 11, 2009

a girl's gotta eat.

So I don't (typically) eat a mass amount. (Unless you include this past Sunday when I had a mass amount of green chile mac n cheese. I also had a mass amount of mimosas and met a river dancer at brunch and went back to his apartment--neither here nor there. No, not me by myself--me and others including hubsters. who has a whole new level of geekdom to be found here ).

Anyway, so back to the original statement (before you discovered that my attention spans approximately 3.2 seconds.) On Friday's (except one Fri a month) we get to leave work at 12:30. This is kind of awesome--not only do I like my job AND the people I work with, but I also (basically) get Friday's off. Anyway, on said Friday you aren't supposed to have lunch. However, EVERY FRIDAY I'm starving by 11 AM (ok, lets be honest, it's 10:30.) And, in other realistic terms, how am I to set out about a day of errand running on an empty stomach? That's just stinkin' thinkin'. So here I sit, eating a bowl of Amy's soup wondering what the future of my day will hold.... I'm hoping maybe some decorative pillows for the couch. Though I have a deep desire for a new entertainment center and shelves so as to display pictures and how smart I am (or how smart I may look based on books I own.)

Which leads me to another train of though... I've been looking for a media stand everywhere (which includes craigslist) and here is my beef. NO, I do not want to purchase your used ikea media stand for $200. A little pricey, don't you think?)

OH, also we borrowed a friend's wii fit this week--WAY FUN!!! Except, I believe I've endured a wii injury. I first thought I was sore, but now I'm thinking it could be more. YAY for running 18 miles tomorrow....

ok, my attention can go on. I have eaten a bowl of soup without judgement from co-workers. Only an hour to go...

1 comment:

Cate said...

I went to check out Ben's post from your blog, and I got this far: In a general sense, the model of the quadrotor helicopter is one of the simplest you might come across. It's just a blob moving freely in space with four forces and four torques acting on it.

I realized at that point, if that was as simple as it was going to get, and I only could follow so far as "blob moving freely in space", I should probably quit :) Torque? Parlez-vous francais?

As for your post, I share your need of a good snack. In fact, I think I'll have one now. There is a lovely cheese and spinach quiche that a friend brought by... and quiche always makes me feel like a lady who lunches :)