Tuesday, September 29, 2009

I'm gonna live foreva...

So this weekend held an amazing event for me--I went to see Fame. I love a dance movie. They move me--especially when kids from restrictive homes (either rule oriented or financially speaking) are able to excel based on their talents. Damn I want some talents!!! Seriously, I see these singing and dancing movies and think to myself--Self, what the hell have you done with your life? NOTHING. You've done nothing. You have not performed in one single graduation show. You do not know how to tap dance. You did not take arts classes and go out with Karen Walker to a karaoke bar. NOTHING. All you did was go to college and grad school and get a job. lame. So I came home and began my search for dance classes. This will more easily launch me into the public eye I'm sure. In no time I'll be on Broadway--or off Broadway in some sort of Austin community theater--but not official community theater--more like a neighborhood association performance of Best in Show or something. I'll probably perform the dance from Little Ms. Sunshine. Or maybe something a bit more hip hoppy. TBD

I know I mentioned about getting to go to San Fran (SO EXCITED) but I didn't mention the devastating news... this will be my 2nd trip to SF. BOTH TIMES my loverly friend Cate will be absent even though she lives there! The first time she was in Austin and this time in Atlanta. How can I have such poor timing? Well, not me really. It's more the Nike Women's Marathon. Blame them. Just a thought--but I think they should give me a jet. That way I could always go visit friendlies.

In other news... both my sis and bil have h1n1--that's swine flu for all of you out there who do not watch tv, listen to the radio, talk to anyone, read, or get direct messages from God. I'm not going to lie... that I kind of hoped for this one for myself. I mean, not really, but everyone knows how much I love an obscure illness. I guess I DID get shingles in May, so I have that. I think shingles trump swine flue because I had to purchase valtrex and you only have to purchase tamiflu and drink your fluids.

Going to the Journey concert tonight. Maybe I'll get asked to be a back up dancer.

2 comments:

Cate said...

I blame the month of October and its inherent fabulousness. Everyone wants to plans their events in October! Things such as weddings (where I've been for your two trips out here), marathons, the birthing of magnificent women, what have you... who wouldn't want them to be in October?

It sucks, though. If you think you're going to keep doing the marathon, I should see when it is next year and just keep the weekend free in case...

Courtneytcu98 said...

You totally win. Shingles are way more embarrassing.