Friday, September 4, 2009

A little bit of chicken friend--homemade, of course

So my friend, Nikki, is a master of the arts--she cooks, she decorates, she philantropizes (is that a word?), and she creates awesome things. She has recently created an Etsy shop! I'm just saying it would be well worth your time to puruse her items. You can also visit her blog for all things awesometown. (I think she even wrong a song about awesometown referring to Decatur, GA. So she is also a master of words.)

My Ode to Nikki (aka, Nicolita)

I remember the first time that we met,
a day (or probably night?) I will never forget.
We made some choices that took us back to undergrad,
some things that probably would make homeowners mad.

Day after day we would share misery over work, (and then a haircut)
we wasted time, found the end of the internet, and got stuck in a rut.
We talk, we chat, we run, we eat biscuits and gravy,
we went to weight watchers, got thin, and...still eat gravy.

Onofrio Noto, could easily be your name,
but Nicolita, the mafia, will protect you just the same.
Create, disect, find sales and sell your things
I miss you, I love you, now lets eat some fried chicken wings.

(Kidding, I don't eat chicken wings--never have. Gross. It rhymed. There is a post about fried chicken so I feel it fit.)

1 comment:

Nicolita Love said...

ummm...i have no idea how you came up with that poem so fast.

come back here for biscuits, gravy...and perhaps some cocktails (or 4)