Thursday, September 17, 2009

This just in...

In case we are now friends on the facebook (which I heard this AM on the radio that facebook has more users than the ENTIRE US population. Granted, 70% of those users are outside of the US. However, that means within the US 1 in 3 people have a fb profile.)

Anyway... so if you are not my friend on FB (which again, lets be honest, you probably are because I only have 11 people "following" me on here and I know all of you and I know we are friends on the social networking phenomenon) you already know this bit of information about the day that changed my life.

Let me set this up. Within walking distance to our house is a menagerie of places--chipotle, starbucks, whataburger, Little Woodrows, a bike shop, a jaccuzi shop, a pizza place, some random weird other restaurant that the girls were tiny shorts and tops, shlotzkey's, nail place, hair place, and... Coldstone Creamery. Well, coldstone USED to be there. Then they went out of business. We did not frequent there much, maybe once ever 4-6 months, but still... should I need a fix I could easily have it.

On my way home from the grocery store yesterday (where I bought a bagillion groceries because apparently we had NOTHING) Ben calls. "Hey, I have some news for you." I'm all what? You bought me flowers? Diamonds? A new car? someone to clean our house?!?! He's all "you are ridiculous. No, even more exciting... they are putting in a froyo place where coldstone was." Damn, if I almost didn't have to pull off of the road because of my excitement. Hells Bells! A FREAKIN' FROYO place walking distance to our house. I can only imagine the 6 rotating taps and millions of topping options of which I'll continue to get the same thing 9/10ths of the time... but still, options. My life has been changed forever.

(Ps. Some of the above conversation was edited to be better. I didn't get examples of other things because my head hurt. However, I've been known to do such things in the past.)

So last night I made some tasty enchilada's that I found on the foodnetwork website yesterday. Today we are having some pot roast cooked in the slow cooker, and then we also have stuff for me to make a slow cooker soup. We'll see how that one goes, but it sounds tasty in theory.

FROYO!!!!

1 comment:

Nicolita Love said...

It took me a moment to figure out the FB, froyo connection. But congrats! I love your new fancy look on your blog.