Tuesday, April 27, 2010

No, I can't have your wine or your specialty cocktail.

So I had this whole post planned out where I talked about nonsensical things and customer service and I how I HATE poor customer service. However, this has been trumped.

Someone noticed I was pregnant last night!!

It's the first time! We went to our pediatrician "meet and greet" after work. (Will discuss this later.) Then we went to dinner to indulge Ben in some sushi. The girl kept telling us the happy hour specials. Ben ordered a sake. No, I wouldn't like anything.
Not even a glass of wine?
No, thank you.
What about one of our specialty cocktails?
No, I'm good.
She brings out his sake and asks if I would like any? No.

Oh my goodness, you're pregnant! I didn't even notice at first! Victory is mine. FINALLY at almost 7 months (next week!) someone noticed I'm "in the family way." I have also gained like 2 lbs in the last week. Pretty sure that's frowned upon. Looks like it may be time to reconsider my nightly ice cream indulgence and my 2nd and 3rd breakfasts.

Ok, back to the meet and greet--which sounds as if wine and cheese should be involved. They weren't. Instead we sat in uncomfortable chairs and listened to the doctors talk. I liked them all. It is a small practice, they are super customer service oriented and want to get to know everyone. AND--they are on our insurance list which gives them like 800 extra bonus points.

Here is my annoyance. This girl asks a question. You look at her and know that she's one of those people who REALLY wants to sit up front next to the teacher. This is in a group of about 30 people so the answers are for the benefit of the whole group. She asks a question. Doctor responds to the whole group. She again responds to the doctor about her own personal insurance--as if they are in a personal conversation. Ben and I look at one another and roll our eyes. We later go back to look at the rooms--and she stands right beside the doctor smiling at her as if they are in love. I can't handle these people. I can't be friends with you. It is your fault that I loathe you.

Tonight we paint his room and this weekend we go on the hospital tour!

No comments: