Thursday, April 15, 2010

Synergy

It's a buzz word. It's all the hype. All the rage. However, I'm combining syringe with energy. So I've been low in B12 for a while... at least years. I got shots for a little while, decided that was a pain to go to the doc once a week and quit. I was still low this past Nov. at my physical and she told me to have the obgyn's office check. I forgot--until last week. Oops. Still low. Now I'm back to getting shots (because this baby sucks out all of my vitamins.) Here's the kicker--I'm giving them to myself.

I went to the office on Tuesday and they gave me one in my arm. The shot itself does not hurt. It does make my arm hurt for like 2 days though. I received instructions on the injections for my "at home care" and then... a bag of syringes and NEEDLES. Ps. I hate needles. I hate having my blood taken (I just look the other way.) I get light headed. Ew.

I came home yesterday and alcohol wiped my leg, the medicine etc--like any good person (and not drug addict) would. Then I went about sticking myself. Um, hello. Skin is WAY thicker than I thought. It feels gross. I'm not a fan. They also gave me 2 sizes of needles. I used the small one yesterday--not so bad. I used the larger one today and it barely stuck in my leg. I find this troubling and will be avoiding them from now on.

B12 is associated with lots of things. Energy levels. Digestion. Cold feet. Early onset dementia. So, I'm hoping in a few days I feel an extreme turn around in energy level. I'd like for that to come when my alarm goes off instead of laying there thinking about HOW TIRED I am and that I need to go back to sleep and then shower and get dressed in 20 minutes.

I'll keep you updated. Oh, ps. I'm 25 weeks today. I think one of my last posts said 26--but what I meant was 24 and 6 months. It's my brain. It is faulty.

1 comment:

SpeasHill said...

I had to give myself daily shots with little B. Will probs have to do it again. It got easier. John gave me "moral support" the first few times by patting me on the shoulders and stuff. Come to find out, he always looked the other way or closed his eyes. Men are babies and thus we are left to grow the babies. Hope they aren't bothering you as much anymore!