Monday, September 20, 2010

The dubya dubya


Not George Dubya, but the Weight Watchers. I joined online today. It's time to revisit self control. I signed up while eating graham crackers and nutella. I felt it was fitting. Then I put in what I'd eaten today and it alerted me to the fact that I had 11 points left. I've pretty much blew those (2 on a current glass of wine) because I was starvation station. I say tomorrow will be better. Maybe not? I'm workin on it. Operation fatty pants is under way.

It is also supposed to rain tonight and the weather was AMAZING this afternoon. Cooler and windy. The perfect day to revisit running. Unfortunately, my body is still revolting. I'm having some ligament/pelvic pain when I stand up or run. I didn't make it far before I gave up and came home. It's frustrating because I WANT to be running. I want to get back in shape (and continue to eat whatever I want) and I can't right now. I was reading up on my "problem," (which totally has a name, btw), and they suggest pain pills and physiotherapy. You know I love me some pain pills, but in the way I love elastic pants. I want to wear them because I want to, not because I have to. (Yes, I realize that makes me sound like a pill popping fiend. I'm not. I just like to pretend.)

Ben suggested some "vigorous" walking. That was also painful and I felt defeated so I just came home and had a glass of wine.

Maybe I'll start again tomorrow. Maybe Suzanne Somers had the right idea.

2 comments:

Loosy said...

just keep that breastfeeding up and the pounds will continue to melt.

A.B. said...

That's the plan. Much like you, I'm good at 2 things, and that is one of them! I'll make my other "drinks well with others."