Tuesday, September 14, 2010

It's probably not meningitis.

So, fussy baby went to the doctor this morning and had a fever. I'm basically the worst mom because I didn't KNOW he had a fever. (Though my friend told me that he's basically advanced because he's sick now and so building up his immune system for later.) Because he's so little they worry about UTI's and so did a urinalysis (with a catheter!), and some blood work. The doctor actually said to me, "It's probably not meningitis."

Do you KNOW me? Do you realize that I've worried I have had meningitis for like 10 years. I frequently check to see if I can touch my chin to my chest? I mean, this is far more of a realistic fear than sarcoidosis. My eyes were very large when she said this. I decided to not share the previous statement with her so that she didn't think I'm a crazy mom. because I am.

I then came home to dog poo on the couch and pee in the floor. Today has been basically the best day ever. Only by best day, I mean worst day. Maybe someone will deliver me some diamonds or something? Or maybe my baby will start feeling better. I'm going to hope for that one.

I also just finished off a box of nilla wafers. They are kind of like edible diamonds--only not forever.

Doc's office called. Meningitis threat is over. He has a virus. I asked if I was the worst parent ever and they assured me I wasn't. Probably in the running was this lady I saw outside of the doctors office. Her baby, approximately 3 months old, was in his/her carseat with blankets all around her. I'm thinking, wow, it's hot. That's a heavy blanket. Then I realize the mom, and her mom, are smoking right beside the baby. Then I realize the blankets are being used to prop up a bottle for the baby to eat. So, now I kinda feel better about my skills... and a little in favor of selective breeding.

3 comments:

CDS said...

It's good to know you're both doing better. :)

Perfectly Imperfect said...

Hope he gets to feeling better soon.

And I know this was a serious post, but I just died at "do you KNOW me". Like I'm still giggling. You crack me up.

Get some sleep woman.

A.B. said...

Sleep plan for tomorrow- I sleep in the guest room and husBen takes on the little one for the night!

I"m glad my crazy makes you laugh :)