Sunday, June 19, 2011

Daddy's day


To my husband... who was so nervous after G was born that he yarfed in the hospital everyday.  Who didn't want to leave our side.  What if he missed something?  Who was so sweet to that little tiny baby.  Who when he first read to him would announce the author and illustrator of books.  Who has become SO much more comfortable.  Who is a little more daring than mom.  Who asks me questions like, "When did he get so big?"  Who is the FUNNIEST person ever--according to Griffin.  Who fell over in the baby pool today (completely under water) so his baby didn't go under.  Who gets called "dadadadadada" over and over and Griffin can't wait to see him in the afternoons.  (Just say... do you hear dada?  and G is moving to the door.)  To the man, who was a boy when I met him (only 17!), who is now a Dr., who is now a dad to our sweet sweet baby.

Who was "man enough" to let his baby get the tab.

And yes... I still call my dad, "daddy."

5 comments:

Perfectly Imperfect said...

Happy Father's Day to your hubs!! Is this his first? I can't do math this late.

Deana said...

Happy Father's Day to Dr. Black, one of the funniest and sweetest guys I know. And I love this post, btw. Great work, Little Mama.

CDS said...

Awwww that was so sweet! I still call him Boyfriend Ben. :) Love you guys. xoxo

Meg said...

He sounds dreamy. Anyone that saves their kids life. Well, that deserves a 'worlds best dad' horse show sized ribbon.

A.B. said...

It is his first! And did you notice it was the BABY pool. He sustained an injury. I looked up for one second and he was underwater.

Ceci, he will ALWAYS be boyfriend ben.