Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Remember when we got rabies?

It was last August.  I had a one month old.  It looked like poo.  Then Ben took a picture and here it is up close.  Gag me with a spoon.  Gagga-maggot.  It totally freaked me out.

I'm sure you see where this is going.

I came home yesterday only to find.... a bat on the kitchen floor.  Was it alive?  Dead?  feeding off the blood of some innocent person?  (Ben told me that vampires aren't bats.  I say he's wrong, it's just that not ALL vampires are bats.)  Anyway, the dogs are outside, G is napping in his room (this time not locked in with the bat) and I'm.... peering out of our bedroom door to watch the vampire (who did not show up with a fancy car or presents or anything.  Maybe because it was day time?)  Then... it moved.  I FREAKED OUT.  Called ben and said, "I need you to come home right now.  Emergency."  I'm sure if you have a kid that's not a call you want.  I assured him of the bat situation.

Then I had 2 glasses of wine.  Before 2 pm.  And made Ben wash his hands 85 times.  And cloroxed the floor.  And made him look in every nook and cranny of our house and under our kitchen table to assure me there were not more.  They move in packs.  Ug.  Gross.  Scary.  I dislike.

And how much does that look like a pile of poo?

5 comments:

Denise&John said...

I hate to add to your anxiety, but have you had Ben look up in your attic? If you've got bats, their guano (poo that comes out of the bats that look like poo) can have neuro-toxins in it. Also, they are often protected species, so you get the bonus of needing someone expensive to remove them ALIVE. . . and now Amanda won't sleep tonight and Ben will spend some time in a ridiculously hot attic. You're welcome Ben!-John

Heidi Bruch said...

Omg, freaking out at the comment above and freaking out at bats in your house and lmao at your post from august. God bless your hubby!

A.B. said...

My hubby is a saint. It's true.

ANd thankssssssssssssss John.

CDS said...

Ok...you must read the florida room tonight. I sympathise with you completely!

Abby said...

Yes. You should get it checked out. It is very very weird to have so many bats in a year.