Thursday, February 9, 2012

How you know I'm crazy.

Well, lots of things.  Probably like that time I tried to do my own bikini wax.  Or when you know... everything else about me.

Well today at target after I had checked through all of the sectioned plates and thought about all of the things I'd probably forget and then bought G a placemat for V-day, I went through the clothes.  I mean, there are CLEARANCE racks for goodness sakes.  Then, because I'm crazy, and because my mom is obsessed with a deal and has passed this gene on to me, I purchased maternity jeans.  They were cheap.    I couldn't not.  Y'all.  I'm weak.

I'm not pregnant (mom, sister.)  I'm not planning on being preggo anytime soon.  Though clearly, it's on my mind.  I so thought i'd be ready when G turned 18 months.  but I'm not.  I will think I am and then I think G is so small.  I'll think OMG I'm running out of time I better dust my eggs of now!  I don't want to be 45 when my next kid is born.  Because the mom brain is crazy.  Or maybe just my own personal mom brain is crazy.  Anyone else get these crazies?  How is everything such a conflict?  Can I go from fun pregnancy to sleeping through the night phase?  Then I'm TOTALLY in.  Oh, and make me 10 lbs skinnier than I am now.  

That's G$ last year at this time.  When I still had a pack n play living in our room.  Because G had just started sleeping in his room.  And didn't sleep all night (for 8 more months.)

Anyway, I now have some additional elastic pants for my fictional pregnancy.

7 comments:

Courtneytcu98 said...

Can we talk about how much my baby girl looks like your boy in this picture?

CDS said...

1. We have that monkey
2. A deal is a deal...always GO FOR IT
3. I am suffering from the same crazy thoughts...I think to myself, I'm 34 and she's going to be 2, I don't want that big of a gap between her and a sib...when do I do this? But I need to drop 20 lbs...but my eggs are going to start to rot...
xo

A.B. said...

There is saftey in numbers.

Heidi Bruch said...

Just do it already. You have 9, scratch that, 10 months of pregnancy to prepare. Two is better than one:)

Helen Hopkins said...

Darn! I thought maybe you and Myrtle might be having a race or something. But, hey, you are ready for whenevs, got the stretchy jeans and ready to go.

A.B. said...

Mom, Myrtle and I are not even in the same race. just sayin.

A.B. said...

Clearly, Courtney, we have cute babies.