- How long have you and your significant other been together?
- Oh lawsy. 15 years. I couldn't do the math, but I had Ben do it last night. Our first official date was on Valentine's day 1998. I gave him a heart shaped sucker. I also wore a button up shirt under a bulky sweater and trouser navy cords. I know. hawt.
- How did you meet?
- We met at a Love, Sex, and Dating retreat. Ben's bff was one of my good friends and Nathan brought Ben on the church retreat.
- If you're married, how long?
- 7 years on January 8th.
- If you're married, where did you get married? big or small wedding?
- We got married at first UMC Dallas. It was huge. I wouldn't have such a big wedding now that I'm older.
- Do you have any nicknames you call one another?
- Ummmmmmm The Ben Black. Benihana. BenHAmin. He calls me "sweetheart" when I say dumb things.
- How did he propose?
- At a restaurant. I was completely caught off guard. Assured him they thought it was our first date and when he said, "I love you..." I just said "I love you too." not realizing there was more to the story. He also didn't have his ID on him and so they told me I could order a BIG glass of wine and we could share... but then he realized he had a fishing license on him and it's a legal document. Saved.
- Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy or strawberries, champagne and rose petals?
- Um, neither one. Probably more the last one because the man loves him some champagne. We do cards. He sometimes gets me choc covered strawberries. Randomly flowers. This year a photography class. We don't normally do gifts. I think of V-day kind of like NYE. Totally over priced and ridiculous. though I did go all out for G$ with heart shaped food.
- are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl or pop in a movie and relax on the couch?
- I dunno... Am I on vacation? Then yes. Otherwise, undergarment free and in pj pants watching New Girl? hells yes.
- Tell us one thing you'd like to do with your significant other some day?
- Tell us what you plan on doing this valentine's day?
- Ordered sushi. Drank wine. watched tv.
- Are you asking for anything this valentine's day?
- Do people really ask for something? Again. Absurd. So you know... like diamond earrings or something small.
- Tell us one thing about keeping a relationship strong and full of love.
- Laughter. Sarcasm. Paying for a babysitter every now and then.
- Show us a picture of what love means to you.
- Unfortunately our scanner isn't set up or you'd see a picture of me with some sort of head adornment, kacki full length overalls and a button up shirt as a jacket or some other hideous outfit that was in style in 1998. So I'll give you this.
Wednesday, February 15, 2012
Our love story
So I'm linking up from Perfectly Imperfect to talk about our luuuuuuuvvvvvvvvvvv story.