Thursday, June 24, 2010

35 weeks--honeydew melon


5 weeks to go! Next week at my doctors appointment I get "checked"--which my doctor assured me doesn't hurt. I call lie.

All of the ladies at work keep telling me how fast this pregnancy has gone for them, which I totally agree. It seems like just yesterday I was running (and drinking the night away.) Kidding... I feel like I haven't run in approximately 2 years. And now it's just not safe, I tell ya. Ok.. maybe it's safe. Maybe I'm lazy. Whatever, it's hot outside.


This week Griffin is the size of a honeydew melon, apparently. He weighs about 5.25 lbs. I also became huge this week. Granted, I've said this before, but this time I really mean it. Even Ben agreed that my belly is, how did he put it, "not small." He wasn't saying this in a mean way, it was sweet... then he keeps telling me how cute I am and how he hopes I waddle soon. I kind of want to avoid the last one, but I think it's inevitable.


Also inevitable--new "over the shoulder bolder holders." (Thanks, Punky Brewster.)--and by inevitable, I meant TODAY. I've held out as long as possible, which has been a LONG time. I've now got a case of the side boob. I also have a case of the, "please don't make me leave the house after I have come home and put on a shirt that it doesn't matter if it's too short I need more freedoms." Some how I missed reading that your rib cage gets bigger which totally makes sense, but I hadn't thought about it. Hence more issues with the bra-zierres. (please note. I went to get a bra at a MATERNITY store and the lady asked if I was pregnant. I judged her skills and then didn't trust her right then and there. Seriously?)

I also have a carseat in my car! Ok, so it isn't like "in"... it's more, in the trunk. We are having someone come and give an estimate on what it would cost to clean our house and it was one way to de-clutter--and perhaps stop and have a fire department install said equipment. Maybe? Honestly, we'll probably install it relatively soon because otherwise I'll forget and I think we are finished having visitors to carry around and, as noted, we are FINISHED TRAVELING. Also, it is completely possible that I will forget and it will just hang out in my trunk for the next five weeks--then probably melt, because Texas is crazytown hot.
34 weeks (forgot to post this one, I think.)

3 comments:

Regina said...

Amanda,
I love reading your blog and especially your journey through your pregnancy with Griffin. I appreciate that you just tell it as it is.
Miss ya!

Karena said...

You still look great!! Fun to follow along with you on your site!

Come and visit for a Designer Giveaway from Pillow Mint!

Karena
Art by Karena

SpeasHill said...

Love Giz staring up at his little bro!