Wednesday, June 23, 2010

muffins

Wikipedia describes "muffin top" as follows

Muffin-top" is a generally pejorative slang term used to describe the phenomenon of overhanging flesh (fat) when it spills over the waistline of pants or skirts in a manner that resembles the top of a muffin spilling over its paper casing.
This generally occurs when:
a person wears low-rise jeans, hip-hugger pants, and/or midriff-baring tops that are too small.
a very thin woman becomes pregnant, causing stretching of abdominal skin
an obese person loses large amounts of abdominal fat.
Skin on the abdomen that has increased its surface area due to pregnancy or obesity does not usually contract down to a smaller size, and may require cosmetic surgery to remove the excess skin folds.


It's 2 pm. It's my bewitching hour so it appears. It's the hour when my clothes feel unbearably too small. When I need to lay down. When I need just a little bit more elastic. I'm wearing a button up shirt today that where it no longer has buttons on the bottom kinda shows my belly. AWESOME. Totally work appropriate. Actually, come to think of it... it isn't just my clothes that are feeling too small--it's my skin.

Speaking of clothes--a couple of years ago I had a friend tell me that you may not realize it, but that you have to buy 2 sizes of maternity clothes. Though I totally believed her--I didn't get it. Until now. Seriously, my pants are becoming far too small and I'm NOT going to go buy a million more for like a month. So, I'll deal with the uncomfort--you deal with my skin tight preggo clothed self and my lopsided muffin top.

I hope I don't need my skinfolds surgically removed...

4 comments:

CDS said...

You will not! You are fine and you will bounce back.

Perfectly Imperfect said...

girl i am dealing with the post baby muffin top right now and it. freakin'. sucks. sometimes i feel like adam sandler in click. like i have a skin tongue.. yuck. it has to go away eventually right?!

3101 Austin Avenue said...

Baby Thomas has a muffin top over his diaper after he eats...ADORABLE on him....not so much on me.....

A.B. said...

I never want to have to call something a "skin flap."

We need some pics of this baby muffin. Sounds adorable.