Friday, June 4, 2010

Elastic pants.

It's no secret that I have a love of the elastic--and maybe it is my favorite part of pregnancy. Well, that and the baby (and the sno cones, and ice cream, and hamburgers.) Last night we went to visit the "at home care" lady to discuss her possibly keeping Griffin. On the way home I thought to myself--I can't wait to get home and put on some elastic pants.

This, my friends, is a bad sign. All of my pants are elastic. Granted, even when not pregnant those would be my thoughts on the way home from work also. I've mentioned that I come home and immediately change into pj's yes? Ben had mentioned going to dinner after our appointment (we had pre-appointment snocones) but drove back to our house. I asked... "are we going anywhere?" I think he could see the desperation on my face and the longing for the more elasticy pants. Free at last. Free at last.

We can wear jeans on Fridays. OH the luxury. We can also get here a little later on Fridays--which inevitably is the day that I'm dressed the earliest. Not sure why this is so. I ahd time to fold some clothe sand vacuum this morning. Anyway, I went to put on a pair of maternity jeans that are now--a little too small. Granted, I could get them on, and they look ok, but comfort level is at an all time low. Pretty sure they are done for unless I lose some weight in the next 7 weeks.

People, my MATERNITY pants have gotten too small. You think I'd eat a reasonable breakfast of oatmeal and water but no. I stopped at starbucks and had a non-fat chai and a zucchini muffin. I mean, it has vegetables in it. That counts, right?

I am huge. This is all.

4 comments:

Courtneytcu98 said...

Not huge. Not huge at all. It's just life in the third trimester. I think this means sundresses from here on out. Because the next little change is that your shirts will not cover your burgeoning belly. ;)

Perfectly Imperfect said...

by the end of my pregnancy i could wear basically nothing. i was humongo. ridiculous actually. but you keep getting bigger =) bet you wanted to hear that huh?!

CDS said...

zucchini in your muffic counts...that's what I tell myself when I have blueberry muffins with OJ in the morning. :)

Deana said...

As I used to tell your sister, you are GROWING A HUMAN BEING. That kid needs zucchini muffins and ice cream and sno-cone syrup in order to achieve total perfection.